Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Their New Wheels

IMG_0721e
Check out what the boys received for their birthday. Some pretty sweet rides, eh?

IMG_0723e
I'd been debating whether they'd do better with a balance bike or tricycle- Sean finally convinced me that one of each would work out perfectly in the end. I was concerned they'd both want one more than the other.

IMG_0725e
And that's pretty much the case. They both love the tricycle; it's such an easy ride! They can't reach the peddles yet but they love to push themselves along and steer. The balance bike takes more practice so it's definitely less coveted.

IMG_0730e
Liam's more tolerant of the balance bike so he's often "stuck" with it. So he's extra happy when it's his turn on the trike.

IMG_0733e
Whenever Dash submits himself to the balance bike, it's on the condition that you'll push him. He'll rarely scoot himself along. But when you do push him, he rewards you with a very sweet, "whee!" In fact, I often hear the boys "whee"ing as they're laying in bed. I guess they're making memories worth reliving.

4 comments:

  1. Love these photos of them! So darling. Also, I'm so glad Sophie's just younger than them that I can follow in your footsteps and know what to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love that they go whee in their beds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's not fun to have to push them all the time, but that's so cute that they say "whee!" Good to know about the balance bike...honestly if I was a kid, I would want the tricycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome bikes! Those are some hot wheels :)

    ReplyDelete