Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
2) On Wednesday, a lady in my department told me I had to finish my thesis by March 24. Understand that A) I thought I had until March 31 and B) I still had two weeks of data to still gather, and you can imagine my flip-out session. But, lo and behold, after making approximately 805 calls, I discovered that the lady was wrong and I DO have until the end of the month. I think a week of my life was lost in the process.
3) On the same day, I got whacked with some sort of cold/allergy concoction. I went from slightly sniffly to a nose-dripping sneezer in about five minutes. It's going away now but last night it again metamorphosed into a nice cough that woke Sean up a zillion times (though I usually only woke up after he asked me if I was okay. Weird, no?). And, ha, Sean got me a water bottle in the middle of the night to ease the throat and I must have fallen asleep mid sip because I again awoke to a big puddle beside my shoulder. Ick!
4) Since it's crunch time for my thesis, I have to do lab work today, tomorrow and next weekend. Boo.
5) I forgot to fill out a bracket before all the basketball games started. Now it's no fun! And BYU lost. What a surprise...
6) Good things:
- We had my old roomie, Jenna, and her husband, Chris, over for dinner and fun. I love that girl, it's always fun to talk and laugh with her. We played some games too: The Celestial Companions Game and Fact or Crap. Mom, don't get mad that I wrote the word "crap," okay?They made for a good time. Alas, I had too much fun to remember to take pictures.
- LOST and The Office are continuing the magnificence that is their current seasons.
- Sean continues his reign as best husband ever.
Let's end with another joke:
What's brown and sticky?
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
What do A's and tulips have in common?
Ponder that for a few moments and we'll come back to the hilarious answer!
First, let's revist one of those tulip pictures...
Let's compare the original photo I took to this end product after being subjected to some boosts in Photoshop, as shown in the previous post. Ugh, the original always looks like crud in retrospect.
This here version followed a tutorial to look like watercolor. It works for that other tulip picture I posted, but not so much this one.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! I think this version's the winner, ha ha!
And now you're dying to know.... What do A's and tulips have in common?
They both have B's coming after them!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Something like, What's a kiss's favorite flower? Tulips! HAhaha!
I need some help.
But if YOU want to find fields of tulips, not to mention an endless supply of clogs and windmills, head to Holland, MI- where the Dutch call home. In America. Where the Dutch call home in America. Yes.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Exhibit A The view from my IL home's back porch. That's one thing I miss all the time, a big midwestern sky full of billowy, beautiful clouds.
You can be sure you'll be seeing more of these Blasts from the Past. These are only through 2004, so there's plenty more to share!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Pogo was my Christmas present my freshmen year of high school. Now she's over 9 years old and because of college, I haven't been around for half of her life! I don't know what it is about Provo but there isn't one good place that allows pets without tacking on a huge fee to the rent.
But guess what, whenever we move this summer, I am GOING to live where I can have pets. I want my Pogo back! She's such a cute, cuddly, sweet, fun dog, and it's time that she's mine again!
Thank goodness Sean is a dog person, too. He grew up with Murphy, whom I met once when visiting his house before Sean's mission. Have you ever seen more beautiful ears?
Are any of you dog people too? Or perhaps you prefer the feline? Or maybe something more innocuous, like fish or lizards? I bet some of you are the No Pet type. You cold-hearted weirdos :)