Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
- At the beginning of October, Liam started actively reaching for things while Dash constantly curled up to play with his feet. Then two weeks later, switcheroo- Dash started getting into toys while Liam was all about the tootsies.
- Dash was the first to roll onto his tummy but didn't do it terribly frequently after that. Once Liam started, he rolled over like gangbusters. Now Dash embraces the joys of bellihood.
- So far, Liam is trying to master putting his binky into his mouth (often succeeding but more often chomping on the nub on the back) but Dash only attempts occasionally (but more each day).
- On a related note, a couple weeks ago Liam started yoinking his binky out of his mouth while he was sleeping and just a couple days ago, Dash too began to do the same. It's like their grabby hands have minds of their own because it always always makes them cry. Frustrating! By the way- any ideas on how to combat this? It's hard during the middle of the night when only a binky comforts them but they keep pulling it out. I can't stand on guard duty!
- Dash has fully embraced the idea of eating rice cereal. Liam? Still gives me the gross-out face and only swallows when he's too distracted to remember to spit it out. I'll give him props though, he's getting a little better.
- Liam is rather sensitive to loud sounds, which cause him to break out into tears. Culprits so far have been my hand mixer, the power drill, extra loud toilets and hand dryers in public bathrooms, and, most unfortunately, my silly operatic singing. Dash doesn't seem to phased by these things.
- I'm going to be bold and just say it: the boys can sit up! More on this to come (i.e. when I get pictures).
- They both started noticing each other at about the same time. Then they started reaching for each other's faces. And just the other day they started giggling at each other! I had to mop my melted heart up off the floor.
- Their napping is getting slightly better/more predictable, something they've developed simultaneously (though many times I'll have to wake one after a while to keep them on a rough schedule). They typically take a longer (1.5 hr-ish) nap, two 30-45 minute naps, and try as I might to stop it, usually another little nap in the early evening. Maybe I should just try putting them to bed super early but I'm terrified that they'll wake up in the middle of the night ready to go for the day.
- They're both getting ridiculously more cute every day. Seriously, this is getting out of hand.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
1) Every clock in this house shows a different time. And this happened all of a sudden. A week ago, all clocks were in alignment but somehow there’s now a twenty minute range. It’s like we drifted into a time warp. I never know quite what time it is.
We're in trouble, this little bugger can smile his way out of anything.
2) Sleep training is going alright. We had one night where they slept 7 hours, only waking once and they put themselves back to sleep! But that was followed by a night where Liam woke up crying every hour. But… progress.
3) Near us is a huge Babies R Us right next to a Home Depot. Talk about our own personal money pit!
Tight lipped cutie-pie
4) I recently finished rereading Pride & Prejudice, for the first time since high school. I tell you what, it was way more enjoyable the second go-around. It’s amazing what reading without the expectation of deep analysis did for my enjoyment. Hang on, did I just admit my superficiality? I think I did.
5) We’re getting new phones. Because Sean’s has had terrible audio for almost a year. And my screen busted. See:
The thing is, I’ve no idea how it happened. I just opened it up a few days ago and it was a cracked mess. Mysterious.
6) We went shopping on Monday, just a quick visit to the Gap, and, golly, it was fun. It was the first shopping trip where I actually bought clothes in probably over a year. What is it about new clothes that makes me so giddy?
7) I also did a little online shopping for the boys. That was way fun. I’m going to have to watch myself, 'cause it aint hard to spend a boatload.
I just fell a little more in love with Liam.
8) I love that Liam and Dash are playing with toys more. The fact that I’m not their only source of entertainment has lowered my daily stress level.
"Hang on, I've got to figure this out"
"Got it! Piece of cake!"
9) I adore Sean. He's perfect for me and the boys love him. When he calls, I put the phone up to their ears and they light up. Wicked adorable. Sigh, he's my dreamboat. Mwah!