Friday, May 25, 2012

New Toys

I already talked about the bikes my little two-year-olds received for their birthdays but they were also given a bunch of other goodies (they have such generous grandparents and friends). Besides their new toy airplanes, trucks, glowy balls, legos, and sand toys, here's a few of their new favorites.
IMG_0644e
This thing is really a fire truck of sorts but it comes in a bunch of parts that fit together like a train, so that's what they call it, their new train. And they adore it. Now it's my go-to distractor- "hey Dash, why don't you go play with your new trains." Works like a charm.

IMG_0646e
They are also now proud owners of sidewalk chalk.

IMG_0660e
They really like to see them roll down the driveway since they descend in a curve. And they like to draw on the car. Not really how I pictured them playing with the chalk, but, sure.

IMG_0669e
But they really do like seeing us draw and then coloring (meaning: swipe big chalk lines) over the top of them.

IMG_1016e
And of course, their hunger for puzzles has been fed.

IMG_1027e
I'm really surprised how well they caught onto how these foam puzzles worked. They quickly learned when to elevate the board and when to lay it along the ground. I think these kids are smarter than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment