Monday, August 31, 2009

word vomit

I've decided that I think too much about things. So I decided to just write down things I'm thinking and see how many things come out in 22 minutes. Stream of consciousness, here we come!

Time 9:44

  1. Sean's playing Wii Fit. We just got it from our credit card points. It's like it's freeee!
  2. My job is slightly boring right now. They main thing I'm in charge of uses certain electrodes and those are on order right now, not to come until Mid-September at best. So I have to busy myself, and that's not so fun.
  3. Today was actually a day I'd describe as a "nice day" weather-wise. Blessed over-cast skies.
  4. Sean and I both got really sick the week we started school/work. You know what it was? Swine Flu!
  5. Probably.
  6. Apparently someone had it during Sean's orientation, which Sean caught (hand shaking is a germ's best friend) and promptly gave to me. Half Sean's class got it. We didn't go to the clinic or anything because it was announced that what we had was Swine flu after we started getting better and they said it'd be pointless to go to the clinic.
  7. It really wiped us out but now it's kind of cool that we had the epidemic flu.
  8. I've gotten sick the last several times I can remember that I started a new job. It stinks because you ought to stay home but you can't stay home because you're just starting your job!
  9. Houston has a weird smell. Not a general overall smell but pockets of bad odor. There's never a garbage or anything around, I don't know what it could be.
  10. Maybe it's a sewer nearby. It's reeeaally stinky.
  11. I've been biking to work. It's the only way to get there without paying (for the light rail train or for parking).
  12. If I could drive without having to pay, believe me, I would.
  13. But at least I get some exercise, right?
  14. I can't say I love what it does to my hair though. Helmet pressure plus an excess of sweat makes for some deflated, askew hairstyles.
  15. I need a new hairstyle anyway.
  16. I don't wear some of my favorite shirts because I don't want to sweat in them. And biking in a skirt is out of the question.
  17. I have only been rained on once so far. It was on my way home. It was actually kind of fun. Though, if it had been in the morning, I'm not sure I would have liked it so much.
  18. The ride home gets really windy which makes for some slow peddling. You'd think the breeze would be a welcome coolant, but it's usually pretty thick, hot wind. When I breathe out it forces my air back in my face, making me feel like I'm choking on my own exhalation. Not so pleasant.
  19. Sean's parents came to visit a couple weeks ago. It was really fun.
  20. I'll put on some of the pictures but I used up all my space in my flickr account so I have to wait until there's more room.
  21. Because I have to wait, I haven't even loaded them onto the computer so far. That's lame.
  22. Sean had his White Coat Ceremony. Kind of a funny tradition, but it was fun to see my sweetie be the center of attention for a moment.
  23. My parent's are coming this weekend and I'm so excited! Especially because they're bringing Pogo and not taking her back!
  24. There's something about this place that's giving me more headaches. I feel a lot more pressure on my head. Is it because of the humidity? The lower elevation? I better get used to this quickly!
  25. The S key on my keyboard is tilted wierd and is hard to use. It' tupid.
  26. I had sushi twice in one week span. That makes me extra happy!

Time: 10:06

Hmm. I wonder what it all means.

1. Katie's playing the Wii Fit. She's fitter than I am... It keeps making fun of me for being scrawny. Stupid game.
2. I'm going to have a dog! I'm excited!
3. Muaj ib hnub, aub tom kuv. Kuv quaj...
4. I'm studying anatomy of the thigh right now. So many muscles!
5. Katie just caught me doing this.
6. I like bacon
7. Really excited for the next season of LOST in January. Can't wait!
8. I love my wife

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I'm sorry you have to ride your bike in Houston, in the summer. By the end of October it should cool down :-)...but you'll LOVE the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fit makes fun of Mark too for being "underweight"! Luckily now its still in a box from moving b/c it would surely tell me I'm overweight...darn thing doesn't let you tell it you're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you are getting more headaches because you are a little dehydrated. Drink lots of water and see if it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, all of us in the car were laughing so hard at Sean's I love bacon. Plus those weird pockets of smell could be coming from your hubby. haha it's been known to happen

    ReplyDelete