Friday, September 11, 2009

White Coat

A few weeks ago, Sean's parents came to visit. We had a fun long weekend with them but it was too short! And I don't know what's with me, but almost all the photos I took were terrible. Bummer.

They primarily came for Sean's White Coat Ceremony, in which we heard too many speeches and waited our turn to watch Sean don his short white coat. It's supposed to be symbolic of him becoming a true medical student. Once you finish medical school, they then can wear a long white coat. Four years of tuition and fees is pretty expensive for a new coat, don't you think?

I have to mention the mix up that happened with the ordering of white coats. Somehow, the school didn't receive any of size 38 and 40 coats so they temporarily gave Sean a size 52! It was so big that I could fit in there with him- even when it was buttoned! So we almost had some ridiculous photos of him drowning in his coat for his ceremony but they got some 38s in the day of. Phew. He didn't get his true size 40 coat until a few days ago.
IMG_7047e
I wish they had done things individually but they, instead, went up in groups of 10. I don't know why, it didn't save time because of how long it took to get each group on and off. Can you spot Sean? He's next to the insanely tall guy.

We also went to Family Day, in which we again heard too many speeches about the things Sean will do as a student. They also promised us breakfast but ran out of food before we got any. I'm still bitter. But we DID get to see some organs in a little anatomy lab, where Sean and I vollied the names of different parts of the brain.

We all did some shopping together, including a stop at Anthropologie. Could you hear my contented sigh? It was deep and lusterous, I bet you heard it. We tried out Chuy's, quite a tasty Mexican restaurant. We saw The Time Travelers Wife (I'm a fan). We celebrated Old Man Bradley's (did I just write that?) birthday. They broke in our guest room.

All-in-all, a good time all around. Truly, I have the best in-laws a girl could want!
IMG_7064e

2 comments:

  1. "OLD MAN"!!! Oh man you're really taking some liberties there. You make me giggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks official now! My roommate who just got married just finished and is starting her first year of residency and she has some tales to tell :-). And that one guy IS insanely tall...wow!
    You guys will have to try Chacho's sometime too. It's off Westheimer near Fountain View. It's pretty cheap and you pick up your order, so no tipping waitresses required. It is the only place in Houston we have found shredded beef and the chicken taquitos are AMAZING (cream cheese in them!).

    ReplyDelete