Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's a Texas Thing

IMG_9086E
It's that time again: Rodeo time!

IMG_9071E
Dash and Liam were much more interested than last year (oh my goodness, look at that link- can you believe they were ever that little?). In fact, I think they really really enjoyed it. Despite the many throngs of field trippers. Boy howdy, were there so many field trippers.

IMG_9046e 
We found huge cattle with giant horns (hook 'em, horns).

IMG_9044e
And other cattle who kept making eyes at us. Or maybe she was just scratching her face on the wire.

IMG_9050e
We got to pet little rabbits... but not giant fluffy rabbits like this guy. Who ever heard of a barrel-chested rabbit?

IMG_9037e
The Petting Zoo was the happiness clincher. Animals everywhere, all ready to be pet! And that's what they'd do, hold our hand and lead us around to each creature, which entailed pat each one once and move along. They've got ground to cover, man!

IMG_9051e
The boys would frequently point out the ones with grass hanging out of their mouths and would either giggle a little or try to find some for themselves.

IMG_9054E
This little marsupial (Kangaroo? Wallaby? I don't know.) induced a whole lot of hopping with the accompanying narration of "Op! Op! Op!"

IMG_9056E
I was literally scared this turkey would eat one of my children.

IMG_9062E
It was a legitimate concern since they'd stick their face in for easy pickin's.

IMG_9066E
Do you think this goat could see me? I was making faces at it and it didn't react. So I don't think he could see me. How does it even see anything properly?

In the Petting Zoo, I think Liam and Dash's attention was held in equal parts by the animals, the zillions of kids around, and the honking of the passing golf carts.


IMG_9077E
We ventured out into the carnival area too, where we tried a little fake farming exercise made for kids which, well, my kids couldn't care less about. BUT they did like the tractor at the end. Oh, my dad would be so proud! Little farm boys.

IMG_9083E
We walked around the carnival just to see some of the fun things going on and happened to catch the mutton busting just at the start of the event. Watching kids ride/flail off of sheep is just so darn entertaining. So entertaining that not a photo or video was taken of it- now that's something.

IMG_9088E
And a quick look in the funny mirror before heading home for naps. What a way to spend the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking after your last post about how big your boys are looking. So cute!

    ReplyDelete