Friday, March 30, 2012

15+ Weeks

IMG_9478e
I had another check-up this week. Just a few questions and a quick doppler (such a reassuring sound). I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow. It's amazing how swiftly these weeks are going. With the boys, I was just so anxious for my mom life to begin, I was counting every moment. Now I'm in my mom life and I'm quite in the moment. Since I'm not thinking, "oh my goodness, today I'm 13 weeks 3 days!" "wow, today I'm 13 weeks 4 days!" etc etc, the weeks just flow by. This pregnancy is much calmer, probably given the fact that I know what to expect and I don't spend my time pondering life with double the babies. Though, now, instead of wondering how I'm going to go grocery shopping with two infants, I'm left to wonder, how AM I going to shop with three kids? Predicament...

Things look perfect with the baby. Next month we'll have the fateful gender-discovery ultrasound! I'm feeling about the same still- not much change marked the transition to the second trimester. Still tired, still have a low appetite. The only addition is lots more headaches, which is less than awesome. And I am, of course, larger of belly, which truly is awesome.

IMG_9408e
The boys have had a rough week being sick. They're bouncing back now, just having their moments here and there. I think Dash may have an ear infection but probably not something the doctor would treat with medicine (according to Dr. Sean) since it only seems to bother him when we poke at it. (the boys have been saying "doctor" and it's really really cute. "dah-doh, dah-doh").

The idea of having a new sibling is still a bit over their heads but they have been noticing all the babies we see in pictures. They say "baby" really well and really sweetly, it gives me hope that they'll like the little guy/gal.

IMG_9501e
Sean's started his Family Medicine rotation and it's really close to home. We love the ten minute (rather than 45 minute) commute. Love is not strong enough of a word. And doesn't he have the most perfect eyes?

Sean's been considering the idea of going into Pediatrics for a residency. So he's having an internal battle between Radiology? Peds? Radiology? Peds? I'm actually relieved he's considering it because, golly,  he finally is considering it. Pediatrics seems such a natural course for him, something for which he'd be completely well-suited. Before he just sort of shrugged it off. But he began proctoring with a pediatrician in January and realized how fun it is and how nice it would be to have a continuity of patients as they grow up. He has a Peds rotation next and he'll soon have to make a decision. What will it be? We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. First, how nice to have your husband be a doctor! That is definitely go to be handy with kids running around getting sick and hurt!
    Second, when Preston was first born and I HAD to take all three to the store with me I wore him in a sling, put Addie in the front of the cart and Ella in the basket. It is definitely nicer to go by yourself when you can leave the kids at home with dad :-).
    Lastly, I can't wait to hear what you are having this time around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are GLOWING! I can't even tell you how excited I am for you. It makes my heart happy to hear about your second pregnancy. HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm predicting you are having a girl :) But really I'm just happy to hear you are all doing well! By the way, I think Sean would do great in Peds!

    ReplyDelete