Thursday, March 22, 2012

How's Nursery Going?

How's nursery going, you ask? Pretty splendidly, I must say. Liam and Dash really like playing with all the new-to-them toys and hanging out with the other kids. Sean or I drop them off and as long as they start out with a snack, we can sneak out pretty easily. But they don't let us leave if they're watching- then the tears flow quickly. Since I'm Primary Chorister, I come into the nursery in the middle and sing songs with the kids for a while, so it's really nice to come see them. Then I have to wait until they're doing something super fun, like puzzles, before they'll let me leave. When I come to pick them up, the bubble machine is usually going and more than once I've found them laying on the ground next to a friend, letting the bubbles pop on their faces. Too sweet.

They've always had good reports from the leaders. One of the boys tried to take off his pants this past week- that's the extent of the bad news I've received since they've been in there. Now, I'm sure they've learned a few undesirable traits from that little class of toddlers. I'm pretty sure that's how they learned to push each other. And the number of colds they've contracted has tripled. But hey, they've got to be around other kids sometime, right?

The worst part is how Sundays massacre their sleep. This is completely due to the time our church starts: 1pm. That's, you know, about when their nap usually starts. We try putting them down early and sometimes they do sleep (and I never have the heart to wake them up early, so we're often late to church) but sometimes they sure do not. That only happened twice before the time change, when one of their random take-a-long-time-to-fall-asleep days happened to be Sunday. Then they started taking forever to fall asleep every day ON TOP OF the time change and there's just no way. I fear they may never sleep on Sundays again.

Well, actually, a little sleep does happen. On the drive home from church. We'll try and bring them inside still asleep, but only Liam has managed to remain unconscious.
IMG_9266e
So we let him sleep for a little bit. While Daddy stands guard against curious brothers and dogs.

IMG_9268e
And Dash acts like a manic happy-angry-happy-annoyed-HAPPY-frustrated toddler. And then Liam wakes up and joins him. The crankiness on those days is so not fun (although, their level of goofiness skyrockets to very entertaining levels, as well).

The things we do for church. Good thing it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes the extra colds are no fun, but I'm glad they're adjusting well to nursery! Church at that time really is hard. We bring Jake's carseat but he still doesn't sleep much or at all during church.

    Thank you for the ride offer,that's so sweet. I may need to take you up on that. When are you available? And are you sure you'll have room for 3 car seats? The place I need to go to is like 5 minutes away from my apartment, and I'm not sure how far away you guys are from us but it shouldn't be too far from you either. Anyway if that works for you let me know. Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete