Thursday, March 8, 2012

How's Eating Going?

How's the boys' eating going, you ask?
IMG_8883e
It's going wonderfully! They eat so well, it's wonderful. Honestly, they eat way healthier than I. Por ejemplo, while they just inhale fruit, I'm rather picky about how my fruit tastes and can't eat too much at once.

IMG_8879e
They have lots of fruit and some cereal for breakfast. Lunch is their best meal. A sample lunch could be thus: 30 grapes (more upon request), several slices of ham, half a slice of bread, and a cheese stick. Then there's some kind of healthy snack after the nap. Dinner is sometimes great, sometimes more difficult. They're definitely more picky about the food I cook- a lot of instances, a sauce will turn them off completely. Plus vegetables are just not as tasty as other things, now are they?

IMG_8892e
One thing I think really contributes to their good appetite is I don't give them any juice. That was advice from our pediatrician, who said "Milk at each meal, water the rest of the day. No juice." They don't fill up on less nutritious calories, making room for the real thing. I'm really glad we followed his guidelines.

IMG_8874e
Mealtimes is also made lots of fun by our various games. While in Colorado, the boys were tapping their elbows on their trays, so Pompa made up a little rhyme. It goes, "elbow, elbow, hand, hand, elbow, elbow, hand." It's an absolute new favorite.

IMG_8888e
Peekaboo, in any form, brings such happiness. So far, we try peekaboo with hands, with the side of the high chair, with the bib, or just by closing their eyes. Always brings the giggles.

IMG_8893e
And after each meal, while I'm cleaning up their hands and face, they absolutely insist that I clean their feet, too. Their very not dirty feet. You know, whatever makes them happy.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing those little hands and elbows put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete