Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hurray!

Did I catch you unawares? Or did you suspect something was up when I started talking about babies? Either way, thanks so much for the lovely comments and sharing your happiness with us!

Since you're all itching to know how I'm doing (well, maybe you're not, but humor me), things have been going swimmingly. I have been quite tired, ready to sleep at any moment. And, contrary to last pregnancy, I have been having my woozy bouts now and again. Usually at night. All very manageable. Only a couple of times has it stopped me in my tracks and caused me to rest a little. Compared to how sick a lot of women get, I sure feel quite lucky!

There's one thing to complain about, though- I'm pretty sure I started showing from the get go. I swear, I've had to suck it in for weeks! A friend even asked me, at nine weeks, if I was pregnant, because it completely looked like I was. Sheesh, last time I was hardly obvious until 20 weeks! I blame the pre-stretched skin. My brain told my organs to start making room and my digestive system said, "Woah, look at all this space! Spread out, everyone, make yourself at home!" Sigh. Here I am three days ago at 12 weeks:
IMG_8969e
That's a baby bump right there, that's for sure!

Ah, yes, the nighttime bathroom breaks have made an early appearance as well. I have to closely regulate my evening liquid intake. I need my good sleep while I can get it!

I've had two doctors appointments so far and things look great. My original due date was Sept. 20th but they bumped it up to the 15th since the baby measured larger. It's odd now that I don't have a high risk pregnancy (since the boys shared a placenta last time) so appointments are so simple! They told me I'd only have three ultrasounds, at 7 weeks, 20 weeks, and 38ish weeks- a bizarre thought considering we'd get one each month last time. But the doc busted out the ultrasound to find the heartbeat last week so I got another glimpse! My little two-inch wiggly gummy bear!

Liam and Dash have been taking the news in stride. As in, it goes right over their heads. Oh how their realities will change this fall. Here's to hoping they become the most willing to share and patient boys in next 6.5 months- that'd really help a mom out. But as long as they keep these sweet faces, I'll manage:
IMG_8775e

IMG_8758e

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I was actually wondering if you'd have some news sometime. I'm so jealous you get 3 ultrasounds! We only got 2 with Landon, at 13 weeks and at 18 weeks. That was it. It was so disappointing. I'm glad you're feeling relatively well and hope you and baby stay healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! This one's going to be a piece of cake for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was doing good--didn't pop out til 18 weeks..but now at 24 weeks I look like I'm due any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspected you were preggers, but it was because you were unconsciously putting your hand and arm over your belly during primary... So cute! And you don't look huge, seriously. You look like I look now and you looked pretty flat tummied just a few weeks ago. Having jake made me get about as big as twins and so all I have to do is eat and my tummy pooches out haha. I totally relate to having no muscles there. I was high risk too so I'm sure that probably does feel weird only getting 3 ultrasounds! We're excited for you guys

    ReplyDelete