Friday, January 27, 2012

Honeybee Actions

I admit it, I'm a blog stalker. Not generally, I usually make my presence known if I read a blog long enough. Sometimes, though, I write my first comment on a blog and it goes unacknowledged. That's fine but it makes me less likely to write a comment again. And I wonder if the blogger doesn't like my participation in the blog. (I'm totally not talking about all you guys who I know personally- you definitely don't need to respond to every comment I make, that's just silly)

That being said, anyone out there, feel free to comment! If you're friend or stranger, you're all welcome (except for creepers, you're not allowed). I'm happy you can share in the joy of my wonderful family.

[Post-edit: This was not meant to be a guilt trip in any way. Just a friendly "Welcome!" in case you felt wary of posting a comment or felt funny about visiting my blog without my knowledge. Whatever that means. I'm just happy you're here!]

One of the blogs I've enjoyed stalking is Baby Making- she's a mormon mom of twins and she's fun to read. Right up my alley. She also just made some Photoshop Actions (Honeybee Actions) and held a contest to give some away. Well, I won! And I've been trying out her actions. I made a sampling of her actions and thought I'd share it with you, too. I used a couple of photos my boys' Year and A Half post.

Here's Liam introducing some of the color action options:
IMG_5645
Straight out of camera...
IMG_5645 girly twirlyIMG_5645 blue eyes
IMG_5645 brown eyesIMG_5645 green eyes
IMG_5645 softlyIMG_5645 paisley
IMG_5645 my only sunshineIMG_5645 micah love
IMG_5645 snuggling babiesIMG_5645 iced tea
IMG_5645 intensify

Here's Dash introducing some of the Black & White / Sepia actions:
IMG_5640
Straight out of camera...
IMG_5640 christmas cardigansIMG_5640 twinkle lights
IMG_5640 black sheepIMG_5640 baby grey
IMG_5640 penny laneIMG_5640 morning light

I think I'm most excited about Paisley, Softly, Iced Tea, and Christmas Cardigans. I am, of course, still figuring out the right photographic situation for each action, that takes time. It helps to see them all compared, doesn't it?  Thanks for the actions, Becky!

7 comments:

  1. Wow I had no idea there were so many options! Very cool.

    I once read that the best way to make a blogger's day is to leave a comment. So true :) So thanks for making my day, and consider yours made as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never post comments on my own posts b/c I assume once someone's read the blog and commented, they don't check it again for comments. I guess I'm wrong! (and I hope you're not mad I deleted your comment on my post for secrecy sake! I emailed you but never heard back)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post. 1. because I love photoshop tips. 2. becuase this this was the first time i'd seen your blog. I used the "next blog" button at the top of blogger. I am new to blogs (actually a week today I started mine) and I was instantly interested in yours because of your most recent post. I never know if it's awkward to post on a random person's blog that I stumbled across bc I am also a "blog stalker" haha. good to hear I'm not alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for winning things! My favorite of the actions you used is Penny Lane, it looks like a vintage photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post, Katie! Your pictures look great, and your favorite actions are actually my favorite too.
    I use Paisly and Softly on nearly everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a longish-time reader (not creepy stalker, promise) who found your blog through a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend. I came for the cute babies and stayed for the gorgeous photography, clever captions, and warm fuzzies. Thanks for sharing your lovely, lovely life and family with the internet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job! Are her actions free? And THANK you for commenting on my blog- I am one of those that doesn't give recognition... Sorry :( I do appreciate it though and read your blog daily and think your boys are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete