Friday, November 18, 2011

1.5

Did you know I have two one-and-a-half year olds? I have two one-and-a-half year olds. Actually, they are one-and-a-half years and six days old now. I can't quite wrap my brain around it.
IMG_5674e

IMG_5646e

It's funny, it seems like each six month block is going faster and faster. In my mind, that infancy chunk took years. Sure, they were a beautiful six months but a sometimes difficult and certainly sleepy six months. The half year leading up to their birthday was filled with development and curiosity and scheduling. Now this most recent third of their life was just a bucket of fun and learning, which apparently transports time into overdrive. Things flow well, everyone's generally happy, life's peachy! I don't know how it's been another six months!

IMG_5640e

IMG_5645e

We had another doctors check-up a couple days ago. Dash began hysterically crying the second I started taking off his shoe. He remembers what happens when stripped down to the diaper in a doctor's office. Liam waited until he was laid down on the examination bed to let his wails loose. At least there was a good view of the highway to distract them after the trauma was over. The doctor told us to start potty training. Weird. Okay, not really potty training, just to let them sit on the toilet before taking a bath to get them used to the idea.

IMG_5668e
Mr. Dash Bash is 32.5 inches tall (57%) and weighs 22 lb 14 oz (13%). He's not a five percenter for weight anymore!

IMG_5626e
Mr. Liam Biam is 32.25 inches tall (48%) and weighs 23 lb 10 oz (20%!). It doesn't surprise me he weighs almost a pound more, he eats more (and much faster) than his brother.

Want some outtakes from our little 18-month photo shoot outing? Comin' atcha!

Since I already posted one of Liam, here's Dash's sneeze:
IMG_5661e
Bless you!

nose pick
Don't let that slight look of shame fool you. He's totally proud of himself.

IMG_5685e
They have a good life.

You know what they did yesterday? I'll tell you. Dash gently ran his fingers through my hair while I snuggled him before his nap. Later, Liam leaned over to peek at me while I was helping Dash brush his teeth. I had my head down so he brushed my hair behind my ears and my bangs out of my eyes so he could see my face better.

I have a good life.

4 comments:

  1. Aww--they're the same size as Ty at his 2 year appt! So does that mean you've gotten them into nursery?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet- last week was stake conference. This Sunday is it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a happy post! It makes me excited for what's to come. I liked how you described the first 6 months. Summed up my feelings pretty well.

    I can't believe they're so old already! Good luck with nursery :) That's Danny's calling right now, so Olivia gets to go too. It will be a bummer when he's released and she's more active but not old enough to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard :) I can't believe they're one and a half! They're so stinkin' cute :)

    ReplyDelete