Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Joy of Two

IMG_7591e
Every now and then, one of our boys will wake up from their nap and it won't immediately wake up his brother.   And that's when I get a chance to see what it's like to have just one child. We play and giggle in the next room. We gaze out the window and I whisper-read him books. It's absolutely bizarre to be able to give him my full attention and observe his behavior sans playmate.

When they were very young, maybe through the first six months, I had to purposefully prevent myself from wondering what it would be like to have just one baby. I knew it'd be much easier with one and I didn't want to foster any ounce of resentment. It was much better to think of how great it is to have twice the cuteness.


IMG_7595e

Now, I can allow myself to wonder what it'd be like to have one child because I then thank my lucky stars that I have both of my incredible boys. It is an absolute joy to see them play together and make each other laugh. It makes my heart spill over beyond capacity to have these two to love and to have these two love me.

Sure, it is lots of fun to have just one boy for a little while, one on one. But I sure do love having them both. So after about twenty minutes, I say I have to go wake up the sleepy boy so their schedule isn't too different. But really, it's because I miss him too much.

I love my twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment