Friday, October 28, 2011

Radiology

Sean is rounding out his first week of his Ob/Gyn rotation. Yesterday he walked by the OR where Liam and Dash were born!

He just finished his Radiology rotation, which had the most marvelous hours. We're now spoiled and complain about his current schedule. Sean loved his radiology rotation. He was especially excited to try out Interventional Radiology- doing procedures while the patient is being imaged. It seemed like a good mix of his interests. On his first of three days in that specialty, he texted me:

"I've found my calling."

Now, he hasn't committed to Interventional Radiology, or even radiology for that matter, but he's said it has raised tremendously on his list. Still, I think "I've found my calling" is a pretty big statement to make. At least we've got some direction!

One problem though. I always accidentally say Radiation instead of Radiology. And when I try to think of the specialty, I think of Integrated. So if he goes into that profession, I'll end up calling it Integrated Radiation all the time. Huh?

Still, no matter what he ends up doing, this is how we feel when he comes home:

(Daddy Comes Home from Katie Bradley on Vimeo.)


P.S. Anyone have any good Primary chorister tips/ideas/resources? Guess who's the new one in her ward... (funny story, too, [sorry lots of LDS jargon going on for those who aren't Mormon] I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday when, to my surprise, I was released from my last calling and sustained as primary chorister. That's right, no one extended the calling to me. I found out along with everyone else. What a surprising session of Ward Business.)

4 comments:

  1. I guess that's a good way of making sure no one says no to their calling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a crazy way to get a calling! The kids in our UCLA ward just loved playing games to choose songs - especially fishing! But they were all pretty young (7 yrs old or younger) so that might make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, have you ever been to the sugardoodle website? (http://www.sugardoodle.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1063&Itemid=200024) I haven't checked out their music section, but it might have some good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! I can't imagine getting a calling IN sacrament meeting. I've heard of that happening before, but I can't imagine keeping my cool.

    Loved that video of the boys. It was darling.

    ReplyDelete