Monday, October 3, 2011

GC Oct '11

Another General Conference bathed our weekend with happiness and learning. It's a little hard to continually focus upon the speakers with the little tykes having fun. But they certainly had moments of reverence. Actually, each time someone spoke from the pulpit, this is what they did:
IMG_4393e
Mmhmm, folded their arms. They were ready for about 25 prayers over two days.

IMG_4396e
I really wonder why. Did the spiritual setting give them a sense of a prayer atmosphere? Did their voices sound like a prayer?

IMG_4403e
My heart's just bursting.

Lessons impressed upon me from this session of General Conference:
- What an idea, that memorizing a scripture is like forging a new friendship. Thanks Elder Scott.
- Something I've never really ever considered is that so many individuals may be lost without even realizing it. That really gives me a different perspective.
- "Compared to God, we are nothing. Yet we are everything to God." [Deep, feel-good sigh]
- Why'd Elder Ardern have to say that being busy is not always productive? Sheesh. I'm busy all the time, but with what?
- The best way a father can teach a daughter is to love her mother. Did you hear that? The best way a father can teach a daughter is to love her mother. I love that so much. Thank you Sister Dalton.
- In a world of diminishing morality, the Lord's constancy is something upon which we anchor.
- It is never to hard or too late to make good choices. Thank you Elder Bennett.
- Feeling too sinful to pray is like being too sick to see a doctor. Thank you Elder Cornish.

One final General Conference highlight:

1 comment:

  1. I loved Sister Dalton's talk too!! I think she made mothers everywhere smile.

    ReplyDelete