Friday, October 7, 2011

Impressive

Warning: Mommy bragging in... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

My boy-os are constantly impressing me. Although they don't say many words (even things they used to say have disappeared), they seem to have a complete understanding of everything I say. Well, okay, not everything, but pretty close. So close that if you round up, it's everything.

So if I asked them where the hippopotamus is on the page, an animal I'm pretty sure I never even mentioned, they find it no problem. Put the letter G piece into the wood puzzle, oh yeah, it goes right there. Maybe not in the right orientation, but in the right spot.

Take Legos as another example.
IMG_4291e
Look at these two towers (is he the next Tolkein?). One tower all of the same color. And a second with a repeated green-blue-yellow pattern, capped with red. Wow! (and totally not just a mom trying to find genius things in actions of her kids)

IMG_4283e
Dash knows it's awesome, too. That's a face of pride if ever I've seen one.

IMG_4306e
Liam wants to show off his Sears Tower-esque (ahem, Willis tower-esque) structure. First a sideways glance to make sure mom's paying attention, then...

IMG_4307e
"Dad, dad, look! I'm going to be an architect!"

That's right, honey, you can be anything you dream.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely impressive :-)! But seriously, the pattern is pretty crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brilliant grandsons we have. These boys are just like their dad at that age. He wouldn't talk but could put puzzles together and identify words on flash cards.

    ReplyDelete