Friday, May 29, 2009

three mini adventures

I've got a lot to update since our California trip. Let's get to it!

1) BASEBALL
IMG_4942_1647e
A couple weeks ago, Sean and I went to a BYU baseball game. Twas quite enjoyable! We saw a grand slam and cool run where the runner did a handstand over the catcher to touch the base. Safe!

IMG_4933_1638e
I wish we could have gone to more games but it's always too darn cold. Even that night felt a bit frigid.

2) CREPES
IMG_4992_1628e
Another night, after looking at that one crepe picture from our trip, we were just craving some. So... we made some! Using this recipe. It's really not all that hard. We filled some with nutella and bananas and some with nutella and peanut butter. Oh man were they delectable!

My food photography needs some work. I think I'm so impatient to start eating that I don't take time to take a good picture. I'm not sure I can fix that. I mean, look at that explosion of deliciousness!

IMG_4974_1610e
And in the process of making crepes, I busted my trusty plastic measuring cup. I dropped it right on a sweet spot and it split clean in two. I still haven't given it a proper burial, I'm too attached.

3) MEMORIAL WEEKEND
IMG_5027_1574e
And then last weekend we headed to Colorado for some fun with the Bradley family. Unfortunately, I have this awful habit of not taking pictures of people. This is the only I took of our driving crew. Sean's got a great family!

IMG_5008_1589e
In fact I only took pictures during a little hike. Funny story, Saturday morning Sean and I woke up, got ready, and went upstairs to find everyone gone! After a few attempts (cell phone reception's a little sketch in CO) Sean contacted his dad, found out they'd gone on a hike, and got directions to join them. So we went off and started heading up the trail. After 40 minutes of not finding them, we finally called them again and realized that we had gone to the wrong trailhead- we were heading south down the same trail the others were walking up! But the trail was too long for us to meet up. At least we got some fun pictures out of it!

IMG_5013_1594e
This is called Indian Paintbrush. I keep forgetting and Sean keeps reminding me. It's a beautiful contrast against the green. Colorado's such a beautiful state.

There you go, the highlights of the last month. Nice and brief, eh?

2 comments:

  1. We used the recipes for the crepes. They are delicious just as you said they were. We put strawberries on them, Yummmmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was impressed by the clean stove upon which your broken measuring cup was resting

    ReplyDelete