Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vegas or bust

At the very last minute, Sean and I decided to spend a few hours in Las Vegas. The only other time I've been, we basically just hunted for some Chocalixers from Godiva, so this time we did some exploring. I love the free parking, the plethora of shopping venues and the not so expensive hotels outside of the strip (ours provided free chocolate chips cookies that were mmmm so magnificent!) There were a lot of aspects about Vegas that were much less than desirable however. At one point, we were stuck walking behind these drunk guys for 2o minutes. They were a tad... obnoxious. And a couple of them had Pacman shaved into their hair. No joke.

Vacation4_1263e

I think it's funny how they make themes of different cities around the world. You can just go to Vegas and you're instantly a world traveler!

Vacation4_1275e
oh... well... we found chocolixers again. We didn't even mean to this time. Last visit, we spent about an hour walking around, looking for a Godiva store. This time, the first shopping area we visited had one at the first corner. How could we not buy some. It was fated.


Vacation4_1276e
That ball I'm holding was signed by Michael Jordan. Magical. I'm still tingling.

And I'm not actually holding it. Photo trick! Gotcha! You were completely fooled, huh? Completely.

Vacation4_1284e
More candy! This time at M&M world! We spent a lot of time there actually. We even saw a 3D movie! Which was... almost entertaining.

Vacation4_1293e
Ha, they sell M&M slot machines. Jackpot!

Vacation4_1300e
Even M&M chess boards. Collectibles!

Vacation4_1310e Here's a little taste of NY. Now I never have to go there.

Vacation4_1351e
The Bellagio fountains are a lot of fun. We took approximately 87 photos trying to get a decent water shot. Didn't work.

Vacation4_1401e
I'm going to make a bold announcement now. Are you ready for it? Here goes...

Poppies... are my new favorite flower.

You heard it here first, folks. Count yourself lucky.

Vacation4_1411e
This just looks like a plain ol' glass rod, doesn't it? Well, IT ISN'T. It's a stream of water! There were a bunch arching over a little pathway inside the Bellagio. Sean and I kept poking it and accidentally spraying people. They gave us dirty looks.

Vacation4_1426e
I was so proud of how well I framed this. No cropping at all. Please praise me.

Vacation4_1432e
Ah, can anyone guess what store this is? It's one I've heard good things about but never had the chance to explore. It has super cute clothes and home decor. And is more expensive than I'd like. And most likely my new favorite store. And will be the subject of my next post.


And now, to summarize the attitude of Las Vegas...
Vacation4_1268e

4 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, there are many less-than desirable things in Vegas. But glad you got to see some of the good stuff. That's funny about the water streams, I totally poked one and sprayed this asian lady big time. She was pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are sharing your experiences in Vegas with us. Just yesterday, I went by a corner in the country that had an abundance of poppies and it was gorgeous. I too have a new fondness for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Godiva chocolixar=the best chocolate shake EVER. No one can even compare. I don't even know if I should call it a shake b/c it's not in the same category as other shakes! I'm so glad to know someone else knows of and appreciates this delectable treat (and hunts for it like we do).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were JUST there looking at those beautiful poppies (a new favorite of mine as well--though I don't like to admit it since Wizard of Oz ruined them). Okay, and by "just" I mean last month. It looks like you guys had fun traveling the world.

    And any time you need a pick me up, let's go to Anthropologie in SLC and just meander. mmmm. Delicious store.

    ReplyDelete