Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hand and Foot

Grauman's Chinese Theater! After a super fun dinner with my old roommate Nikki (of which I neglected to photograph. Dang it) we ran to visit those famous hands and feet in the sidewalk. It was actually a lot more fun than we thought it would be.

Oh, before we got there, we drove by the LA temple. Ugh, we couldn't get a photo without that dumb lightpost.

Oh, and next to Grauman's is the Kodak Theatre. That's where the Oscars are, right?

Oh, and across the street is the place where Jimmy Kimmel does his show. Have you guys seen it? We just finally saw a show a few months ago and guys, let me tell you, he's funny. I don't know why I hadn't watched it before (well, probably because it's on extra late and I assumed that any late nighter besides Conan wasn't worth my time) but he's great. And Jimmy has Lost actors on too, so that makes it even better.

And I'm laughing in that picture. Because Jimmy Kimmel makes me laugh. Get it?

Okay, back to the Famous Sidewalk Graffiti. Here's Mel. His feet are bigger than mine.

And Cary Grant. His feet AREN'T bigger than Sean's.

LOOK! Dick Van Dyke! I was sooooooo excited! Do you know how much Dick Van Dyke show I used to watch? Best show on old school Nick at Nite. Better than I Love Lucy. Not even kidding. This may have been the highlight of my trip.

So, there were some funny characters hanging out front. Sorry photos aren't so clear, I was trying to be inconspicuous. Because this was one couple I had to capture for all humanity to see.

I also saw...

...this. A little later, I saw him drinking a cup of coffee. That's how I knew he wasn't the real deal.

How about that, Sean's hands weren't that much smaller than Conan the Barbarian's. Guess what quote Sean's saying right now. Hint: It's written in the picture.

What made this place so fun was discovering which famous people had signed a square. Why is that fun? Dunno, but it was. You know, speaking of old TV shows, I think I found out about this tradition from I Love Lucy (or one of the other Lucy TV permutations. ... I watched a lot of Nick at Nite) where Lucy kept messing up John Wayne's wet cement. Maybe this childhood memory lingered into my visit. Or maybe it's just plain fun.

I got a kick out of the shoes Johnny Depp decided to wear. I'm thinking... carpenter boots.

Look at those tiny, little feet. I think it's about the size of my big toe. Though that's not saying much, I have a big big toe.

Lucas and Spielberg. On the same square. Boom. Your brain just exploded.
(it got dark and I had to use the flash, sorry it don't look so purty)

I know you've wondered what R2, 3PO, and Vader's footprints look like. Now you know. Darth's are very normal, surprisingly. I'd expect it to have... spikes or something. Well, I guess he has the force and therefore has no need for weaponized feet.

We were only there for a half hour or so but golly, we had a good time!

Look forward to a little more Disney in my next post!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your commentary, you put a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you guys!!! By the way, I am a HUGE I Love Lucy fan, and I have to say it is definitely hands down better than Dick Van Dyke! Sorry, I had to say it :) But, yeah, I totally remember that I Love Lucy episode with John Wayne's foot print. It's a classic! I always think about it when I see all the hand/foot prints, so it made me happy that you had the same thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to see each other! I've been missing the beach and the other day Chris suggested we go to LA for the 3 day weekend, but my tired old body probably couldn't handle it. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete