Thursday, May 14, 2009

All I want to do is have some fun

I know you've been waiting with bated breath to see more of our trip but we've had some fun computer technicalities. Plus the amazing Lost finale last night that I've been thinking about all day. Oh, and do you remember this? It happened again. And this time I couldn't find the diamond :(

Anyway, more California! FIRST STOP: Santa Monica Beach!

On the way there, we saw a semi-truck... carrying a garbage truck. Hee hee, call me crazy but that struck me as funn-ay.

The beach was serene, cool, and made Sean grin all goofy.

I grinned goofy, too.


No life guard on duty. Probably because the water was freezing and no one was in it to be saved. Does the Pacific ever get warm?

The pier had a ferris wheel! But it was closed. Sigh


NEXT STOP:
(Yes it's a little blurry but it was a drive by shot, cut me some slack!)

Golly I love those buildings. So sleek and bold and stunning. That place has got f u n d i n g.


Wow. wow wow. Our favorite exhibit was the Impressionist Room. Let's have a quiz- (1)What is the title of this painting? I'll post answers tomorrow. Maybe.


Okay, okay, how about this one- (2) What is this painting called?

Who doesn't love Monet? And who used to be confused about Monet vs. Manet? Anyone? Anyone besides me? Please?
Now this one was really exciting for me. (3) Name this painting.

This is a Young Christ. I'm envious of his curls.

...shoot, I can't remember who this guy is. He's blind and was some kind of leader. In a war, maybe. I thought for sure I'd remember his name.

I don't remember the title or artist, I just wanted to show everyone that when we draw water with squiggly lines, we are NOT being juvenile. Even famous artists do it!

I told Sean to be a ballerina for the picture. He wouldn't do it and I think I made him a little embarrassed :) (4) Name the artist.
The Getty is up on a hill. And lemme tell you, it sure was windy! (look, italics to give the impression of windiness!)

The Getty had all sorts of exhibits (many of which prohibited photography, that's why they're not pictured here) from photography to sculpture to furniture. They also had some gardens. Westernized gardens.

So very many cacti. I once had a potted cactus. I thought it was cool for a few minutes. Then I realized that there was absolutely nothing rewarding about a potted cactus.

Meet Winter. He froze me.

Are you ready for more? 'Cause more's coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures, babe! I like your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ferris wheel picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your ring! That's terrible!

    ReplyDelete