Friday, May 8, 2009

Where the Magic never ends

After half a day back home in UT and a 10 hour drive to LA, we arrived in the realm where dreams come true. That's right, Disneyland! When we arrived, as well as several following nights, we enjoyed dinner at Downtown Disney. It's a nice walk of eclectic restaurants and stores where Disney gets even more buttloads of money. Here I am on our first day in the Disneyland park. We're headed for the Indiana Jones ride. I was just a tad bit more than excited. Meaning, WICKED EXCITED. Here's some scenery in the line for Indiana Jones. Kinda cool. More scenery. Kinda cooler. Hey, it's a quaint hidden corner of the New Orleans portion of the park. That's quaint. Watch it now, train on the loose! Did you know there's a petting zoo in Disney? They have goats. And a cow. And a horse. Once when Sean was little he was at a petting zoo with goats, a goat did it's business, and Sean tried to stuff it back in the goat. I was able to restrain Sean this time. Giant Horseshoe Pile. Giant Rotting Horseshoe Pile. Giant Rotting Horseshoe Pile of Madness. Dude, Disney employed Darth! How low can they sink? There was this place called Innoventions, a merge of innovation and invention, exhibiting a house of coolness. Really, it was just featured a bunch of Microsoft tools. But the fountains were fun to play with. BEST GAME EVER. Oh man, we could play this all day. For those of you unfamiliar with this gem of humanity, two riders sit in a cart that pulls them through a maze of galactic battles. These riders have laser guns to shoot at targets all over the battles while the cart keeps score.

Sadly, after each of us won one round, Sean pulled out all the stops to trounce me in our last game. Hat's off to you, honey. Now, any of you who are familiar with my taste buds will not be surprised by my tendency to photograph the sweets. So much chocolate.......... This was sour powder to fill a giant pixy stick. Not my style but pretty. I shall call this Juicy Jelly. Mousefiguration. This was a great way to celebrate our graduation!

4 comments:

  1. You brighten my day with your pictures and captions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's looks like so much fun! How long were you there? I've never been there, but maybe this summer I will. Who knows. I am going to Euro Disney in June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a little traumatized by the Buzz Lightyear ride. Why? Because JOSH WON when we played it. Hmph. He probably cheated anyway, right?

    And that goat looks the size of a puppy! Very cute. And I'm glad Sean restrained himself.

    Are you guys still in the same house? We are actually moving back to our place to hopefully refinance so if you are we'll be neighbors again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I LOVE the Buzz Lightyear ride! There's one at Disney World. So fun!

    And I love the picture of y'all "blowin' steam". Josh and I were cracking up!

    Thanks for your compliments on the craft show. It was really fun...but not as fun as Disney.

    And surprisingly, I was too tired to even notice if I had a kink in my neck after passing out on the couch. That was a beastly weekend!

    ReplyDelete