Friday, May 22, 2009

Further

NOW guess what- Sean got accepted to Baylor! We're SUPER excited! What a good week! It's great to have choices. We're still waiting to hear from some others but Baylor's a great option!

So... I've got some more Disney pictures for you. I know, I know, it's been something like three weeks since we've been back. I had ambitions of posting everything within a week. Ha! Now I'm all sorts of backed-up. So let's get to it- here's our second day at Disneyland! I was really truly scared of the Tower of Terror. Really truly. You can tell that from my expression. (That really is a good ride isn't it? Safe "free falling" is the way to go)


I thought this was fun, a rollercoaster track over the canopy. Fun colors!



Okay, okay, okay, have you guys heard of the Toy Story Midway Mania game in California Adventures? It totally rivals the Buzz Lightyear ride. I think it's new and the lines were really long for it (and no fast pass available!). It's basically like a shooting video game that you're in and it's in 3D (hence the glasses... and silly grins). So you're trying to pop balloons and toss rings and hit targets.


First round, Sean beat me. Sigh.



BUT THEN.... I TOTALLY WHOOPED HIM!!! Booya!!!! (Even though my accuracy was down the toilet. I musta had some fast fingers!)


Ah, yes, we went on Grizzly River Rapids. Because of Sean's insistance. How did we fare? Well, Sean emerged with one sole wet patch.



I however, was d.o.u.s.e.d. As you can see, only a few places remained dry. I literally had a puddle of water in my lap. Sean thinks his one wet patch was run-off from me. At least I decided to wear my bathing suit under my clothes that day. It only took me about 2 hours to dry off...




One of the last rides of the day was It's a Small World (that's what it's called, right?), nice and relaxing. I think it looks cooler than the Disneyworld version.


And just to mix things up a little, when we were driving back...


...we stopped by the St. George Temple. It's so pretty and so surprisingly white.


And it has a neat weather vane on top.





And GIANT BEES in their flowers. Run away! Ha, Sean tried to kill a bee in our house with bug spray the other day but it didn't die right away. So Sean ran away for fear of retribution and didn't see where it finally did die. So there's a dead bee somewhere in our house... gross. Such a masculine husband.



Don't be fooled! The trip's not done yet! I have one evening in Vegas still to tell you about. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on Sean's second acceptance!! I've always wanted to stop by the St. George temple, I can't tell you how many times I've driven past it saying, "Next time we'll stop..."

    Too bad you guys were only in Vegas for a day--on your next extended visit we should get together! That is, if it's between this September and December :D But if you're ever in AZ from now until August, also let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha I laughed so hard, when I saw your "dry patch" / "wet patch" pictures. he (i'm still giggling) plus your ceasae's palace picture was framed wonderfully! mY FAVORITE though was the NY picture.

    You may be wondering how I could post about your recent pictures here...time travel, I went back in time, before you put the recent pictures up and wrote on this post. I'll teach you how to do it some time.

    ReplyDelete