Sunday, May 3, 2009

in more detail

Whew! What a fun week we've had! We've been running all over the West, first Idaho and then LA and Vegas. But that's for another (many other) posts. First, a little more about graduation.

BYU has two days of graduation, do other schools do that? The first day, commencement, featured Elders Nelson and Uchtdorf with all the graduates. But I don't remember it very well. You see, we had to wait outside for about an hour before we could go inside and it was really hot, and I got dehydrated. Then there's the fact that hats and things around my neck (like turtlenecks or the lovely hood scarf weird thing I had to wear) give me headaches. So I felt so very blech by the end of the ceremony. I didn't have the stamina to go have fun with the fam so I went home and slept. A very disappointing first day of graduation.


The second day, convocation, was just for the college and I felt so much better. Oh, and this time I was able to sit by Sean. The previous day, I had to sit with other graduate students. Boo.

Sean and I got our diplomas together. Here we are posing for a picture.

But wait, there's so many more important people in the picture than just us!

Whoever took this picture didn't realize they captured so many VIPs.

Here's the whole crew that were so kind to come support us. I have the most wonderful in-laws! We didn't do a very good job of people placement, though, did we?

** ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT DETAIL: Sean's other brother, Kyle, was also there but is mysteriously missing from this picture. Maybe he's a ghost. Or a vampire. Nonetheless, he deserves credit for attending both of our less-than-thrilling ceremonies**



Then, off we went to Idaho. But that's for next time!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great pictures of the great graduates....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...how come I didn't make it into this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeey, where DID you go, Kyle? I hadn't even paid attention to who was in the picture. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete