Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Goldenpebbles

After graduation, Sean's parents needed to take some belongings up to Sean's sister, Rachel, who had started classes again at BYU-I a week earlier. In order to extend our time with family, we (including Kyle) went up too! We spent a fun (albeit toooooo cold) day at Yellowstone.

It's a good thing we went, since the last time I visited Yellowstone, I was 3 and it was on fire.

There were a heck of a lot of bison around, causing all sorts of traffic jams. How dare they!

Scattered throughout the park are these steaming hot pools. Apparently, the bluer the water, the hotter it is.
The pools created fascinating trails of color. I don't know if they're caused by mold or bacteria or what, but they're neat. To look at, that is. I wouldn't touch it for 100 bucks.
The pools would also steam like woah. And stink of sulfur. But would cause this neat shadowy effect. Fair trade-off.
Oo, look how blue that water is, must be HOT! And look at Sean's eyes. Eyes like the sea after a storm. With adorable eye wrinkles.

This cool natural phenomenon would cycle between looking completly empty to bubbling over. It's what I imagine the digestive system to look like.

Sometimes Sean would tell me facts that he obviously made up and convince me that it's true. He is just FULL of hot air.

I got so mad when I'd discover his deception!
Ok, so that whole making-things-up thing was a lie to make a funny set up for the funny pictures. It was funny, right? Right?
We love each other :)
See? We do. And we love the incredible color in that pool. I wish I could become
really little and scuba dive down through those tunnels to see how it's all connected.

Ah, Ol' Faithful! I don't really like this picture but I felt obligated to show you this landmark. You know, there were some even cooler geysers, I wonder why this one's the famous one.
The Bradley crew, sans parents. I swear I'm wearing a BYU Cougar sweatshirt under that jacket. I swear I was matchy matchy! It was just too cold, I HAD to wear my jacket and ruin the cuteness of the picture!
I'm a pansy.
Seeing as Rachel lives by BYU-I, we were able to swing by the new Rexburg Temple. Beautiful! Mm, I just love those juicy clouds. I could eat them right up! In a delicious cloud sandwich.

Here it is again, from the front and at night. It almost looks a little art deco-y. To me at least. It's been a long time since I took an art class.

And there you have it! Our fun little weekend jaunt. Next stop, CALI!

4 comments:

  1. I love your captions--you are so funny. And those steam pictures were great. You guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those temple picture = GORGEOUS! Plus I touched that water and I was absolutely fine, in fact I've felt better than fine...I think I might be developing superhuman powers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are great and thanks for making me LOL....

    ReplyDelete