Tuesday, November 8, 2011

They Like Mom's Blog

IMG_5236e
I made a blog book a while ago. My first and only one so far. It is a print of all my posts through the end of 2009. And it's become one of Liam and Dash's very favorite books.

IMG_5227e
They love to leaf through the pages pointing out everyone they know. They even like looking at their ultrasound pictures (though I think they're a little confused when I call the little peanut shapes a "baby"- that doesn't look like any baby they're used to!).

IMG_5229e
It's motivating me to get working on my 2010 book (it's a lot of work to produce!) because, can you imagine how excited they'd be to see their little infant pictures?

IMG_5233e
I'll do anything for a little more cuddle time like this!

6 comments:

  1. Danny's step mom recently asked me if I could print the blog for her. Which company did you use, and is it very expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job getting your book done! I'm still on March 2010...better get going on it again at some point :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no, I didn't get it done, that's the one from the beginning of the year. I've hardly touched 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! what site did you use? i tried researching how to do this for my taiwan blog and got overwhelmed and gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the blog book I used Blurb. You can download an editing program and it'll let you "slurp" in all your posts and put it in a certain format. Then you can move things around as you like. It takes time and some of the stuff in the program isn't the most streamlined but it works well enough. It's really not too expensive. It depends upon what quality paper you want, the cover, and how many pages you're doing. They often have discounts. I actually found a Groupon for them for the first book (if you search for it on Groupon, they offer it in different cities sometimes) and in the end I think it was about $25 (though any groupon I've seen since then hasn't been as good a deal as the original one)! I think printing the blog is such a good idea, because who knows where blogs will be in 50 years, but books stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book idea! I love reading your blog. =D Turning it into a book will definitely keep it around a lot longer!

    ReplyDelete