Friday, April 2, 2010

The Moving Weekend

Whelp, the big move was last weekend! Sean's family (sans Kyle and Lindsay) came down and helped us with so many many many things. And took us out to dinner repeatedly. And went on lots of little Houston excursions.

IMG_9773e
This is the only picture I have of anything related to the move and little house projects. I was too busy packing to take pictures! Sean's cutting out a hole for the dryer vent- otherwise it would have just vented out into the garage. Talk about sweltering!

We had so much help from friends and Sean's family as we moved, it only took a couple hours. Thank you Elliot, Lara, Jeff, Angela, Jon, Kim (and Addie!), the Elders, Papa Bradley, Mama Bradley, Rachel, and Austin. And Pogo. It would have taken us a month to do everything that you guys helped us with! One of the worst parts of this move is changing wards (the geographical assignment of which church building to attend) and leaving all the great friends we've made. I'm going to miss seeing everyone so regularly. But we'll still be friends... right? Right?! (We're going to be going to the ward at least once more, guys, so look forward to that!)

IMG_9997e
Holy Swollen Feet, Batman! You can't tell that so well from this picture, can you? Well I wasn't about to let Sean take a close-up photo! Plus, this is after a few days of trying to stay off my feet. That moving day sure did a number on my tootsies.

IMG_9764e
Hmm, this must be somewhere in downtown Houston during one of the few instances in which I was standing. Remember those feet? And those braxton hicks which are ridiculously frequent? I was constantly finding a quick place for a rest.

IMG_9845e
And Sean was constantly looking fantastically handsome.

IMG_9994e
We were super excited to go to NASA. So excited, in fact, that we didn't bring the camera and had to take this photo at a later drive-by. The COOLEST part was seeing the Saturn V rocket. Holy macaroni, that thing is enormous. And it's that big mostly to accommodate all the fuel required to get out into space (and the moon!). Nutso. Awesomeo.

IMG_9766e
We checked out the Houston Aquarium. Though we didn't take many other pictures there besides this. Slackers. Ferocious slackers (see our sharp teeth?).

Our last visit was to Kemah, a fun boardwalk area along the coast. I'll put up some more pictures from there in the next post but first I'll include some carnival shots that I just love.

IMG_9791e

IMG_9806e
Who doesn't love a carnival? And a long weekend with family?

We do! Or, should I say "we don't"? We don't not love the weekend with family. Which means we love it.

Uh...

You get it.

5 comments:

  1. ok I a so sorry that we forgot about your move and didn't help! Worst friends EVER!!! We miss you already :( Seriously though, if you need anything else please call me. I'm out of town until the 10th, but I really would love to come visit you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Were you guys super scared to cut a hole in your brand-spanking new house?! I would've been panicking... "uh, are you sure you're not cutting that hole too big?"
    ahhh... swollen feet... happened to me too! and only with the first. Within minutes of giving birth, my feet went back to normal. So, there's hope!
    Love the picture of you just sitting there with your pregnant belly in front. I haven't seen that perspective yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your poor little feet :-). I'm glad you had lots of help to move and that you'll be able to get settled in before the little babies arrive. What ward are you in now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME carnival pictures, Katie! Good job!

    ReplyDelete