Sunday, April 4, 2010

Aqua

As I gear myself up to go do laundry at the laundromat- yes, I have spent several hundred dollars to purchase my own laundry equipment but the backorder was extended until at least midmonth... sigh- let me show you one fun little sideshow in Kemah. There's a little aquarium there, associated with the big main one downtown. But in this one, you get to feed the sting rays.

That's right, sting rays. Feeding them. Awesomeness.

IMG_9936e
Better count your fingers! Nah, they're pretty docile. And it was kind of hard to feed them since their mouths are on the underside. You couldn't see where to put the food!

IMG_9958e
Heh, docile until you run out of food. Then, ATTACK!

IMG_9983e
But the baby ones were cute. Well, anything "baby" these days is super cute. I'm a silly willy.

IMG_9986e
They also had floating fish, agh! No, goofy, they're not floating, they're in a tank. What you thinkin?

IMG_9988e
Grumpy much?

IMG_9993e
This guy makes me think of a dreamsicle. Oo, that sounds really good, we might have to make a pit stop on the way to the laundromat.

Thanks, aquarium, for that dessert inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. haha, after reading your blog, Angela started craving dreamsicles too!

    ReplyDelete