Monday, March 29, 2010

Preggernaut Thoughts

**I intended for this post to go up last Friday. See #11 for the reason for the delay. So any day/time references are based off of a Friday context. You may now continue onto the post!**


belly 29 weeks1


Behold, the 29.5 week belly! Yes, I’m 30 weeks now but I haven’t been able to post for a while because of internet annoyances. Such a tragedy when technology fails you. So, I have lots of little things to mention, plus my old college roomie, Jenna, tagged me to share (at least) 10 truths about myself. So without further ado, here are this preggernaut lady’s current thoughts:



  1. My bump didn’t become wildly obvious until I was about 20 weeks along but I’ve grown to be full term size by 30 weeks. So that means I’ve ballooned out in 10 weeks to what women normally take 20 weeks to achieve. My skin will never be the same.


  2. I got a nice little zit back in December. It’s now the end of March and that mark is STILL HERE. Just a happy red bump sitting next to my chin and not properly disappearing with makeup, let alone all the stinking zit cream I put on the little bugger. It’s driving me crazy!


  3. Ever since we walked to and from the rodeo, I’ve felt exhausted. I failed to consider that after walking to the entrance of the parking lot, I then had to walk to the stadium, a pretty distant length. And then all the way back. Less than smart. My lower spine angrily protested and I guess that’s just the way it’ll be for the next while.


  4. It’s funny the comments people make to me. I’m in the camp that thinks you should never EVER ask anyone if they’re having twins. Because, dude, who wants to hear that if you’re only having one. So while I always respond happily because it is exciting that I’m having twins, I also want to whack the back of their heads and ask what they’re thinking!


  5. I’m not one to seek out the spotlight but this belly pretty well creates a tractor beam for everyone’s eyes. I’m always a spectacle for the crowd of people waiting for the elevator as I take my bihourly trip to the bathroom (alright, that’s a slight overestimate… but not by much). I suppose I don’t mind too much, I do it too after all, but I do wonder what they’re thinking about. Especially when I walk to meet Sean for lunch through his primarily student-filled building- I see a whole lot of surprised faces.


  6. Speaking of bathrooms, twice now I’ve seen doctors (my lab is part of a hospital) use a bathroom stall and NOT. WASH. HER. HANDS. Seriously, who goes to med school and doesn’t understand the importance of hand washing?!


  7. All the doors in my work building are super heavy. I have to use all my body weight to do the job. Not made with expectant mothers in mind.


  8. Moving’s hard when pregnant. I mean, it’s nice that I don’t have to work up a sweat, I suppose. But I also can’t really help do much packing or organizing or anything. Doing too much easily brings on a serious of Braxton Hicks. Moving is a stressful thing for me and the only way to soothe that stress is to get in there and work. Which I can’t do, so I just sit there and stress.


  9. Our refrigerator was installed yesterday, hurray! But the fridge beeps when the doors open too long and it totally freaks Pogo out. Now any time we open the refrigerator door, Pogo frets and hides. She spent most of yesterday shaking. Poor pooch!


  10. Sean and I have been wondering why “refrigerator” does not have the letter D but “fridge” does. Curious. Very curious.


  11. AT&T internet support is super d.u.m.b. They were supposed to switch our internet over on Tuesday but couldn’t because some part was broken. We didn’t find this out until five calls later and only at that point did they schedule someone to come fix the problem. Which meant the earliest they could come is this coming Monday. I’ve had internet at work to subside me during the week but what am I going to do without it over the weekend? Aiy aiy aiy.


  12. Woah, there’s some construction going on outside and just now there was a noise that was exactly like the howl type sound the Smoke Monster makes from Lost. Creeeeeepy.


  13. Speaking of, wasn’t the last episode fantastic? It was a great story with lots of info. And I have a heightened respect for Nestor Carbonell’s acting.


  14. Oh yeah, I got a haircut. It’s basically just shorter, about shoulder length. I’m still deciding how much I like it.


  15. The other day, Sean was trying to tell me that he was “wildly in love” with me. But then, while speaking, he decide to describe it as “madly.” Of course, his brain merged the two and what came out was, “I mildly love you.” Back at ya, hon. J


belly 29 weeks2

11 comments:

  1. Ewwww about the hand washing--gross...

    Those pictures are so cute and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Love. Your. Haircut.

    I always liked the attention I get while pregnant. Then when I'm not anymore I'm sad that people don't look at me like I'm special anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your haircut! The "mildly" love...hilarious. And I agree with the other commenter, I loved the attention that came along with being pregnant. Maybe that's because people were still trying to decide if I was fat or pregnant when I gave birth; or maybe because I worked with two pregnant girls who were both three months ahead of me and got all the attention (one was having twins)...but one person asked if I was having twins, and I thought it was funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I'm glad you did it! Second, Cute picture! You look so cute! Third, you need to tag 4 people so that they do it too! You're the only person who has done it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are behind on Lost and need to catch up stat! I love the hair cut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three things-
    1- Your hair is super cute!
    2- We miss you guys :(
    3- That Lost episode thoroughly freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lost really was awesome! What will I do when it's over???????

    Love your hair. I'm optimistically thinking the doctors prefered using sanitizer after leaving the restroom....

    ReplyDelete
  8. that episode WAS great! richard rocks! and i gotta say, he's pretty hot when he's all scraggly and speaking spanish. the sawyer episode was good too!

    i think your hair looks great! i still can't believe you're having twins! please name them Ben and Linus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, Jack and Sawyer!

    P.S. Cute hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the tummy pictures. More more!! = ) Your hair looks "mildly" great = )Love it! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, friend, you are SOOOO adorable! I'm absolutely LOVING the pictures! Also, I'm swooning over your kitchen and wood floors in your new house! I LOVE the cabinets.

    SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete