Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Pumpkin Patch, Part the First

We went to Dewberry Farm over the weekend. So very many things went wrong.

1. I overexposed most of my photos. It was sunny.
2. We all dressed in pants and shoes but it was WAY TOO HOT. Ugh, I can't stand being hot while wearing shoes.
3. I didn't drink enough water and got a big dehydration headache.
4. My bangs went everywhere with the wind. Tragic.
5. The pumpkin patch wasn't even pumpkins on the vine, just a bunch scattered throughout the field. No better than from the grocery store.

And yet, it was still wonderful. There was a ton to do which distracted us from our extreme sweatiness. And we got ourselves some pumpkins! Here's some of the things that went right.

IMG_4273e
There was a fantastic playground area with a "spider's web" net and a slide made of spinning PVC and sandboxes filled with corn kernels. It was a nice, sweaty way to start our visit.

IMG_4280e
This trike was juuuust a little too big.

IMG_4285e
Dash managed to move it while standing. But it was s l o o o o o w going.

IMG_4287e
Hydrating. They were hot.

IMG_4290e
That hairs partly sweaty, partly wetted. I wished I could have dunked my hair in some water.

IMG_4292e
There was a mini barn to check out. When we later asked what their favorite part of the day was, they both said, "piggy!"

IMG_4299e
They got to feed goats with the food other scaredy-cat kids had dropped on the ground.

IMG_4306e
Oh they were so happy to see so many trains. There was a real, though not running, little train. Then a playground type train, and...

IMG_4320e
A cow train that we all got to ride. Those boys were in bliss.

IMG_4325e
There was a flower patch!

IMG_4330e
I have such sweet kids.

IMG_4333e
Dash is SO happy the be there.

IMG_4337e
My worst overexposure offenses came at the pumpkin patch.

IMG_4342e
Plus, the kids were so hot and tired (and anxious to ride a tractor) that they only sat for about 4 seconds.

IMG_4346e
But look, I still got, a good one! Well, an okay one, with everyone in it, despite the forlorn faces and crowded background.

Coming tomorrow, the pictures that Sean took!


2 comments:

  1. We haven't been as a family in a couple years because it started to be crowded, and I was annoyed by that :-). (the first year we went not many people knew about it and I got spoiled) Yesterday I was there with Addie's kindergarten class and I was reminded that the kids don't care if it's crowded so maybe I need to just get over and let them go again! I like your pictures as usual :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so grumpy when my feet get hot. Weird I know! But at least I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete