Tuesday, October 23, 2012

One vs. Two

IMG_4082e
It sure is easier raising a newborn this time around. It helps that I kind of know what I'm doing this time. I swear, with the twins, I thought babies just fell into a sleep pattern on their own. Ha! It helps that I don't worry so dang much this time and can just enjoy my sweet little babe. It helps A TON that there's only one baby. So easy to focus, so easy to make decisions, so easy to follow a sleep schedule.

Grey's started to smile and it's spectacular. Sean's especially good at coaxing them out of him. Get this, he even laughs a little! I mean sort of, it's in his sleep- it's sort of a repetitive gasp with a big ol' smile, followed immediately by waking up with a huge jerk of the head. It's delicious!

IMG_4080e
Yes, it was harder to take care of twin infants than one infant (duh) but right now, it's still the twins that are harder to take care of. Chiefly because of sleep. We did resolve the escaping the bed issue by standing guard in their room. But that makes a lot less time for myself when I have to do that for 30 minutes twice a day. And sometimes they don't even fall asleep for their nap.

IMG_4075e
But the worst offense is that they wake up an hour and a half earlier than they did when they were in cribs. As sweet as it is to have them climb into our bed, it's less cute at 6am. Plus they occasionally come into the room in the middle of the night. It's made for much less sleep and a much grumpier mom.

I have to say though that Liam and Dash are otherwise so fun. I love how much their talking and understanding. It just amazes me how they've grown their own personalities. How did that even happen? They act so silly and make me giggle at every turn. I love them so.

Just sleep in a little longer, okay?

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, if the clock reads anything earlier than 7am in the morning, it's like instant grumpiness hits me :(

    ReplyDelete