Friday, September 9, 2011

Who Doesn't Love a Big Bed

Believe it or not, one of the unfortunate things about having twins (and there's not many) was that I could never play on the bed with them. They'd have no concept of an edge and dive right to the floor. That'd be manageable with one kiddo, but two? Picture me spread eagle across the bed, one arm stretched to the left edge, the other arm to the foot of the bed, each clasping an ankle. Attached to those ankles are a Liam and a Dash dangling inches from the floor. Every time, I'd have to save their noggins.
IMG_2982e
But lo! And behold! They (with the help of mama's incessant reminders) grasped the concept of the edge! They learned to dismount! It was safe to play on the bed!

IMG_2984e
And as happy as I am about that (oh boy I am!), I think they're even more thrilled. They've never had anywhere to flop around like this!

IMG_2985e
They leap and wiggle and roll themselves up in blankets. Heaven!

IMG_2986e
And the wrestling! Can you imagine?

IMG_2996e
Now playing on the bed is twice the fun with twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment