Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bruised

Although I think we've entered the phase where I'm hurt more often than my children (headbutting, anyone?), they certainly outclass me in injury magnitude.
IMG_3280e
Liam had one day where he bruised his lip and he hit his forehead on the sidewalk. Can you see the little speckled burst capillaries by the hairline?

IMG_3237e
Dash was enjoying a perfectly pristine face. Until...

IMG_3274e
Ugh. The coffee table. He was twisting to get from the couch to the table and tripped, right into the edge. I could see a bright blue line immediately.

IMG_3393e
Since then, the bruise has sunk down his cheek. It's been almost two weeks (you caught me, I'm a little behind in posting pictures) and the bruise is just now looking like it's fading. At least the colors match his shirt, right?

Poor kiddos.

4 comments:

  1. They must be super tough, because those injuries look like they hurt...a lot! What a bruise for Dash!! I guess battle wounds are manly right? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow! That's the most intense bruise I have ever seen! Poor kid :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that cheek is crazy! Bruises always seem so much brighter on kids I think. Hopefully they are healing up well :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Poor things! At least they look like they are having fun though, right? The bumps/scratches/bruises just mean you are making memories!

    ReplyDelete