Monday, August 8, 2011

Silly Fun

Last Monday, I thought I was writing a wrap up of the sickness that passed through the family. Everyone on the mend.

I was wrong. Oh so very wrong.

Liam got a fever through Tuesday and all he wanted was to be held (which made for an unusually jealous Dash). Both their appetites bottomed out. Sean came home Tuesday and within minutes gave up the stomach ghost again.

Things cleared up by Thursday except for one thing: Liam was just so sad since his fever. He was so easy to set off and would cry and writhe and cry. And he wouldn't want to be comforted, which is like a goat not wanting a tin can. I eventually took him to the doctor fearing he had some kind of infection. But he checked out fine. Doctor ascribed his fussiness to teething.

As you may surmise, it's been a long week. So I'm going to show you some of their sillier moments of late to lighten up my mood a little. Love me some silly chilluns.

Hat Day Summer in the City
IMG_2246e
This is my go-to activity to distract them from playing with the diaper pale: Nun impressions with the crib sheets.

IMG_2259e
They're usually very particular about how the sheet should rest on their head. No corners because it's too hard to whip off. Nothing to low to obscure vision. Not so high that it constantly slips off. It's an art.

IMG_2262e
On this particular day though, Dash just wanted a tent on his head. So I barely got a picture of his cute face paired with his pseudo Nun's habit.

IMG_2277e
Diapers too are perfect for hat duty. There's a pun in there I'm going to leave alone. No. No I'm not. Diapers may do just as good a job on hat duty as doodie duty. There, I said it.

The diapers actually fit quite well over the skull. I dare say they fit better atop the head than in their intended location. What does that say about my children's heads?

Bringer of Light
IMG_2320e
I'm pretty sure Liam and Dash experience an enormous power rush each time they flick on and off the light. Muahaha, you see when I tell you to see!

IMG_2328e
Until they succumb to the power of the light themselves, drawn in like mosquito to a zapper.

I Gotcha
IMG_2342e
What is it about getting your finger snatched up by dad five hundred times that makes you want to do it five hundred times more?

I'll Just Lean Back...
IMG_2120e
Liams month-old phase is finding places to rest his heavy heavy head. The look on his face when he realizes his head can keep leaning... leaning... leaning back- it's like the first time you listen to your favorite song. Dawning awesomeness.

IMG_2128e
He's communing with his froggy. Or listening to the alphabet song extra clearly.

Let Me Tell You A Story
IMG_2139e
The biggest cleanup every night is putting together the strewn-about books because the boys want to leaf through pages all the day long. Oh the fights that break out over coveted books. But let's not talk about that! Definitely not about the welted teeth marks that inevitably ensue. Or the head butting or the hair pulling or the flopping about in despair. I'll certainly avoid discussing the premeditated "my brother just moved an inch closer to me and must be after my book and I will therefore attack him with my mouth to protect what is rightfully mine."

Let's talk about how they generally are very "gentle" with their books (i.e. not ripping them to confetti... though gnawing on carboard books is a different story). And that they like to point out things they recognize. They've become very partial to the Bob the Builder books because of all the vehicles pictured within. It's very endearing to watch them muse over a few pages. I sure do hope they're going to be little bookworms! Bookworm Liam and Bookworm Dash.

Cutie Patootie
IMG_2130e
As always, they are excellent at looking super extra adorable whilst silliness is in motion.

Ah, it worked! This makes me optimistic for a less sad week. Should I be? I say, yes.

3 comments:

  1. "The diapers actually fit quite well over the skull. I dare say they fit better atop the head than in their intended location. What does that say about my children's heads?"

    HAHAHAHAHAHA. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More sickness?! So sad!! I wish you all a much better week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The close-up shot of Liam with the bedsheet is beautiful and captivating. Love it!

    ReplyDelete