Monday, August 1, 2011

Sick House

You know how we dealt with the Sunday Nap Crisis? By skipping church! But only because we were sick.
IMG_2281e
I saw Sean throw up for the first time. Aw, firsts, like we're newlyweds.

He had come home a bit early on Monday of last week feeling nauseous and gross with zero appetite. I had made an awesome dinner, too. Just a bit after the boys went to bed, up went the chuck.

Am I writing too much about vomiting? It was very dramatic.

IMG_2184e
It took Sean a few days to recover. We thought the rest of us were in the clear came Thursday. But the boys started acting rather whiny and lethargic (Dash kept crawling into my lap to rest, a sure sign something's up). Just before dinner, Dash started throwing up. It scared him so much! Poor guy. Since dinner was already ready, I offered him some strawberries just see if they might make him feel good (duh, no it won't). He took a little but threw up again after a few minutes. Then again while getting ready for bed (up came the Pedialyte and water). Then again while falling asleep. Oh, my poor baby. Oh my, the laundry.

IMG_2182e
Sean was concerned that Dash would throw up again in his sleep or that Liam might start throwing up (he'd refused his dinner= red flag), and that they might asperate. So we decided someone ought to sleep in their room. And that someone was me, since Sean had to set an alarm. Uh, sleeping bags are really uncomfortable. That was the worst night sleep I've had since... well, probably since my last sleepover.

IMG_2173e
Thankfully, neither of them had any more vomiting. Well, that's not exactly true. Liam threw up yesterday but that's because he gagged himself. His first vomit.

Dash's first vomit, incidentally, was from shoving his fingers down his throat, too. He gags himself all the time. We looked it up and the experts said, "Congratulations, you have a little scientist on your hands, fascinated by this cause and effect!"

Um, yay?

IMG_2180e
The next couple days they had a low appetite and were a little subdued but still wanted to play and be silly. So when I woke up Saturday super naseous, I was immensely grateful that Sean did not have to work that day. He's been having to work six-day-weeks but amazingly had a two-day-weekend. And has spent it taking care of the boys while I rest. Oh, and he gave a talk at a baptism and taught a lesson at church (he's the only righteous non-skipper of the family).

IMG_2357e
I think he's a little exhausted. All set for another long work week. Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, okay, I was planning on leaving a comment. It was on my to-do list :) Despite being a good story (lol), I'm sorry to hear you were all so sick. That's no fun at all!! I hope by now everyone is feeling better.

    So Sean sounds like he is super busy, huh? Any advise for a wife of a new med student and stay at home mom? Danny's white coat ceremony was this weekend. It was very fun and Danny's parents were all able to attend. However, the administration did an excellent job drilling one message into our heads "Kiss your loved one good-bye because you won't see him again for 4 years." Talk about intimidating! Clearly you guys are surviving just fine, so I'm sure they were just trying to help the friends and family attending the ceremony to have realistic expectations of their student's time and new responsibilities. So my question to you - is it difficult being married to a medical school student and being a stay at home (some what single) mom? If so any advise?

    ReplyDelete