Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And so we meet again

The facts were these:
IMG_7548e
  • I found out that the Pioneer Woman was doing a signing for her new kids book in Houston.
  • Angela asked if we were going to go.
  • Bomb diggity yes we're going!
  • I ordered the book from Amazon, promising a timely delivery.

IMG_7522e
  • I picked up tickets that saved us a place in line.
  • Lady from store estimated our wait to be an hour to an hour and a half from the start of the event, which was at 5pm.
  • The Haymakers and I determined that 6pm would be the perfect meeting time.
IMG_7524e
  • Book delivery didn't happen before we left, so I purchased another book from the bookstore at twice the price.
  • At 6pm, the store people told us it'd be about 45 minutes until our turn.
  • We ate a pizza in the shade.
  • It was pleasant and lovely. Just hanging out with the Hamakers made the night worth it.
IMG_7546e
  • Christine made eyes with Liam.
  • I asked the store people for an estimate again at 6:30pm, learned it would be another hour. That's not how you do math!
  • Liam kissed Christine while Dash and I were away.
IMG_7539e
  • Dash stuffed a mouse puppet in his mouth, disbelieving his failure as a suitor.
  • Christine's bedtime is 6:30. She missed it.
  • Liam and Dash's bedtime was 7:30. They missed it.
IMG_7535e
  • There's a reason we don't miss bedtimes.
  • I haven't seen them so cranky.
  • Christine spit up on her daddy. We all were glad she spared her mom, who need to look nice to meet PW.
IMG_7562e
  • We finally entered the store sometime after 8pm.
  • The store people probably had to spend an hour fixing all the books the boys pushed back on the shelves.
  • Liam hit himself with a book and screamed for all the world to hear.
  • Books stands turn out to be fantastic playthings for super tired babies.
  • Ree (the Pioneer Woman) declared Christine to have the most beautiful eyes.
IMG_7561e
  • After meeting the Haymakers, our approach prompted her to say, "Another cute couple with babies!"
  • Then she said, "They aren't identical, are they?"
  • I replied, "They are, can you tell a difference?"
  • She admitted, "Well, no, it's just so rare to have identical twins."
  • This time, I didn't babble when I talked to her. But, unfortunately, no toilet coincidences.
  • I prompted her memory of the photo she chose in her Brothers Photo Assignment.
  • She remembered that photo. I was moderately pleased (see giddy grin in photo above).
IMG_7564e
  • Then she said that we must get lots of good photo with such cute boys.
  • Then she asked which boy did the punching in the picture. When Sean indicated Dash, she pretended to bite his feet.
  • Liam played with her hair. Dash kicked at it.
  • After we walked away, Ree declared, "Now I need a baby break!"
  • Angela and I giggled in our excitement of chatting with our idol.
  • I forgot to grab Angela's copy of Ree's love story book to borrow.
  • I kicked myself for not combing my hair before meeting Ree so it didn't look so stringy.
  • The boys fell asleep within a minute of leaving the parking lot.
That is all.

7 comments:

  1. About a minute into our car ride home I realized I forgot to give you the book! We'll just have to hang out again! Your pictures are amazing (as always) Thanks for the fun time! and pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Sounds like a very memorable night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! The jealousy! I thought about going and then forgot all about it :( I'm not worthy to be Ree's follower. I'm glad the wait was so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! You seriously are Ree's BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous! How did I not know she was in town?! You have to tell me the next time this happens:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I don't follow her regular site and had no idea she had a children's book out. I better check it out :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so so fun! How cool is it that remembered the boys' "Brothers" photo. :) What a fun night.

    ReplyDelete