Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Mother's Day!

IMG_7710e
I've been a mom for nearly a year but I've just now celebrated my first Mother's Day.

IMG_7715e
Back on our anniversary Sean surprised me with a dual anniversary/mother's day gift of a bike trailer for the boys. Yay fun family time!

IMG_7945e
Oh, by the way, for our anniversary we treated ourselves to a meal at The Melting Pot. Sheesh, that food's good. We got a babysitter and everything!

IMG_7731e
Ok, back to mother's day. One thing I really wanted was some pictures with the boys. So enjoy those throughout this post. Sean is a fabulous photographer.

IMG_7800e
Since the boys are such tiny tots, it was really Sean treating me all day. Such a sweetheart.

IMG_7766e
Dash and Liam, for their part, did at least refrain from waking up horrendously early. But they did keep it real by taking a stinky short morning nap.

IMG_7777e
I kept it real by getting a gross cold the day before. I think it was the bug everyone else had two weeks ago. I just don't know how the germs stuck around so long!

IMG_7878e
So Sean gave extra special attention to his wife two days in a row!

IMG_7885e
Sunday morning, after the boys had their morning milk, Sean took care of them while I... slept! Almost like sleeping in!

IMG_7890e
Church was lovely and I was given a flower that the boys kept eating.

IMG_7747e
Sean even cooked me a steak dinner! Nothing says mom like a slab of meat.

IMG_7912e
We spent a whole lot of time playing together as a family, certainly the best parts of the day.

IMG_7930e
And we skyped Mama Bradley and Mama Zechiel to give them a Mother's Day treat, too.

IMG_7725e
I had been looking forward to Mother's Day and it did not disappoint.

IMG_7761e
I adore these amazing little men and cherish every day that I get to mother them.

IMG_7961e
The other day I opened a Dove candy whose wrapper advised to "Live your dream." I'm doing just that. I have the most incredible husband. I'm the mother of two extraordinary boys. I thank my lucky stars that I'm living my dream.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these pictures are so sweet! Your boys really have such beautiful (or should I say handsome) eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a BEAUTIFUL mother of two very HANDSOME boys!! Wonderful photos, good job Sean!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for first Mother's Day! It was mine too! I soooo meant to get pictures and was incredibly sad when I didn't get one of me and the little man. We went to Melting Pot too for our anniversary! So yummy! Sorry you didn't feel well:(

    ReplyDelete