Thursday, April 28, 2011

Books

I think it's funny how proud parents feel when their kids read books. Look, MY child is so intellectual, he's reading a BOOK. La tee da.

That's me imitating myself. Because I'm one of those silly proud parents.
IMG_6704e
It's not like they love to get lost in the story at this age. But they love the bright, bold pictures and the big, curly lines that represent words.

IMG_6727e
Not to mention the super neat way books are constructed- who wouldn't want to turn hinged pages over and over?!

IMG_6721e
And then if you add extra flaps, whoa boy, instant favorite. I'm just glad that they're cultivating a love of all things book. I'm also glad for tape- we've had lots of repairs. They like to show their literary love with lots of pulling and tearing.

This reminds me: I've been published again! It's a paper from my grad school work (love the speed of scientific information dispersion), read the abstract here. I was going to be first author but more data was needed after I graduated, so my supervisor got top billing. I also like how Scott entered my nickname for authorship again- at least he's consistent. The paper was published in Synapse a couple of months ago. I guess I've had my attention diverted from mentioning it sooner. Liam and Dash and Sean always get top billing for me!

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm not going to be reading your paper :-), but congrats! That is really exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congratulations! I had to smile when I saw your paper because I used to mix ACSF and pull electrodes for Dave Allison when I was at BYU. I never followed up with the research, so it is awesome to see that you made something of it!

    ReplyDelete