Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Beach

IMG_0966e
Did we go on to the beach on our vacation? You betcha! Did the boys love it? Well, in small quantities.

IMG_0569e
Sand is a little bit weird for them. They'll poke and prod it a bit but try to keep all limbs out as much as possible.

IMG_0572e
Lots of staring. What in the world do I do?

IMG_0886e
Oh! We got them hats!

IMG_0881e
Um, that's cute!

IMG_0873e
Most of the time they flicked them off. Less often than I expected, though.

IMG_0942e
They're favorite activity was to sit in the wet sand and let the tide wash up to them.

IMG_0930e
They'd get so excited when they'd see a wave approaching.

IMG_0927e
And they definitely got they're drawers full of sand. As did their parents.

IMG_0973e
See how happy they'd get?

IMG_0935e
But they'd tire of that after a while and cousins would wander over to entertain them.

IMG_0969e
Though they mostly just wanted to play in the surf themselves. Look at that brave Naomi heading out to meet the sea.

IMG_0994e
But sometimes it's nice to have dad nearby, isn't it?

IMG_0988e
Liam and Dash really liked these helicopters passing by. Whoosh!

IMG_0999e
Sean and I got our turns to play in the water, just like Olivia here. There's something really peaceful about gliding over the crest of a wave, letting the water pick you up, float around a few moments, set you gently back on the ground.

IMG_0576e
Unless you hit the wrong part of the wave, in which case the water grinds you into the ground. This boy yanked me up out of the sea a few times. I blame it on my contacts- I had to close my eyes more often so I couldn't see to place my feet properly. Yeah, that's it.

IMG_1003e
We all loved the waves. In moderation.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man- that beach is beautiful! Last year we went to Panama City beach which is just a little ways down from Destin... We loved it. And definitely need to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! Which beach(es) did you visit?? =D

    ReplyDelete