Monday, June 20, 2011

A Night Away

How about a few pictures of my incredible husband in honor of father's day? Although, these photos are from a break from fatherhood- a night away! When Sean's parents suggested they watch the boys overnight so we could get away, as an early birthday present to Sean, I thought, huh? The idea had never even crossed my mind. How in the world could I leave my babies? For more than 2 hours? It didn't make any sort of sense to my mommy mind.

But then I thought about it and let it melt and simmer and bubble. And I finally decided it'd be a good idea, a little time for just me and my man. Boy was it ever strange to lazily drift from place to place, not worrying about getting home by naptime or what to feed the boys next.

I use the term "lazily" loosely since we packed a lot into our 24-hour jaunt. We shopped the Castle Rock Outlets (super duper amazing cheap leather coats at Wilson's, I mean seriously cheap), dinner at Outback, and a visit to the movies before calling it a night.
IMG_9969e
I happily took hardly any photos. So here's Sean tying his shoe so very handsomely.

IMG_9966e
And here's Sean serenading me in the car. I love that profile.

IMG_9971e
The next day we tried out a couples massage (which we both very much enjoyed, much to Sean's surprise) followed by lunch at Chipotle. Here's my hubby calling to check on our kiddos, like a good daddy should.

IMG_9977e
We topped the experience off with a trip to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. There's a really fun exhibit called Expedition Health, lots of interactive features-here's Sean seeing his skeleton in motion. We even did a real experiment on some flies- I felt all science nostalgic.

We had a really fun time all on our own. I loved being recklessly lovey dovey and having my mind solely on Sean. But guys, I was so excited to get back to Liam and Dash. As we drove up, the anticipation was quite similar to what I was feeling as I was about to see Sean for the first time after his mission.

The boys? Well, they were happy to see us but not much more than normal. They'd had a fantastic time playing with Grandma and Pompa. Before we left, I had written out their schedule and other this-and-thats on a couple sheets of paper. Seeing how succinctly our care was summarized plus how well the boys did without us, it made me realize how utterly replaceable we are. But I love 'em too much, I aint never gonna be replaced!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys got a night away! It does wonders :-).

    ReplyDelete