Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

The best thing, hands down, about the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is the giraffes. You can feed and pet them!
IMG_9275e
When we went, we served them some delicious lettuce leaves. Mmm, romaine, gimmee gimmee gimmee.

IMG_9310e
I knew their tongues were black (I learned that on some Nickelodeon show- see, television is educational!) but I didn't know they were crazy long and so dexterous! It makes sense, though, doesn't it?

A little video, so you can get a feel for the experience. (Video: Giraffe 2)

IMG_9306e
Liam channeled his inner giraffe.

IMG_9338e
Maybe he's going to become Giraffeman from being infected with giraffe venom. Gasp!

IMG_9349e
Whatever it was, he sure got a kick out of this big ol' creatures.

IMG_9425e
Dash, who had a stinky nap that morning, was more content to just watch these long-necked, long-legged mammals.

IMG_9327e
Those tongues are pretty amazing to see.

IMG_9365e
There's a whole lot to observe about these fellas. Here, I'll let you observe too:

IMG_9297e
I have eyelash envy.

IMG_9290e
Those little cheek wrinkles might be my favorite.

IMG_9389e
Working on that lettuce (photo by Sean).

IMG_9412e
They had such lovely, soulful eyes.

IMG_9342e
What pretty creatures.

IMG_9454e
There are other animals at the zoo besides the giraffes. Like monkeys.

IMG_9534e
Dash finally perked up when we visited the fish.

IMG_9544e
This poor peacock was flashing his colors for half an hour and all the females paid him no mind. Men around the world sympathize. (photo by Sean)

IMG_9517e
Ha ha, at this high observatory, Liam and Dash are demonstrating what we're supposed to be doing with such a tremendous view.

IMG_9522e
And when they finally looked forward, in came the wind. Oh well, our trip to the zoo turned out better than this family photo, and that's good enough for me.

4 comments:

  1. Did you learn that from "Salute Your Shorts"??? I love the black and white pic of the giraffe. And the peacock one. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was totally it! How I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to double check the photos of Liam and the giraffe....with his left hand in the giraffe's mouth, then the next photo shows his right hand in his own mouth....at first I thought maybe it was the same hand, haha! And...I also LOVE the peacock photo. QUITE BEAUTIFUL!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew~I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete