Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Meeting Avery

Since Kyle and Lindsay were kind enough to give birth to their baby while we were only one state away, we decided to make a quick trip over to Utah and meet the newest family member.
IMG_0188e
And the trip did not disappoint. Avery greeted me with forehead wrinkles. Someone must have told her how I melt at the sight of baby forehead wrinkles.

IMG_0184e
Sean loved his newest niece and was shocked that our boys were ever that small.

IMG_0162e
And, oooh, Grandma just loved this new baby girl. She was a little slice of heaven for her.

IMG_0158e
She just wanted to hold her and hold her and hold her. I don't blame her, she's a doll.

IMG_0191e
She smiled for me! And it was totally not gas.

IMG_0560e
Rachel and Avery coordinated their outfits. What an awesome aunt.

IMG_0481e
My very non-gentle boys met their newest cousin. Their hands remained in check at all times around this fragile baby. By golly, they wanted her hair bows.

IMG_0251e
Look how Avery works her magic on Austin. The power babies have over men.

IMG_0474e
And Grandpa (newly renamed Pompa) is so glad to have another little girly girl in the family.

IMG_0524e
Kyle, who's always happy, was just beaming in his new role as father.

IMG_0484e
All the while, Avery slept and slept. And woke up and slept. And ate and slept.

IMG_0486e
Sean said this is how I look when I fall asleep in the car. I bet I don't look as cute as Avery does with my mouth hanging open.

IMG_0538e
My boys didn't let Avery steal all the spotlight, they certainly made their presence known. Dash gave his signature forehead greeting.

IMG_0226e
And Liam played catch in the boys' preferred style: something between shotput throw and a football spike.

IMG_0255e
They took lots of Rachel's attention, who was happy to oblige.

IMG_0246e
They also tried to chop off their fingers in the fan.

IMG_0235e
Holy moley, they could NOT get enough of this Rosie the Riveter bobblehead. Oh my, the giggles.

IMG_0241e
A lot of it was their happiness to be out of the car. They didn't like the drive so much.

IMG_0228e
Dash must have been concerned with how new mom, Lindsay, was feeling because he tried to give her a foot massage. She, by the way, is doing so much better than I know I was doing a week into motherhood. I was walking around hunched over like a caveman for weeks wearing Sean's exercise shorts and T-shirts. Lindsay looked angelic.

IMG_0204e
Speaking of angelic, here's Avery again.

IMG_0174e
Yawns only look cute on babies. And, my oh my, are they cute!

IMG_0179e
Serene as could be.

IMG_0497e
Kyle's a happy dad.

IMG_0495e
Lindsay's a happy mom.

IMG_0222e
And Avery's a happy, stretching baby. (My favorite pic)

IMG_0565e
The whole Bradley gang. All lovin' on Avery.

No comments:

Post a Comment