Saturday, May 1, 2010

10 pounds

My goodness, how'd I go so long without posting?! These days are just flying by.

Good news, we have more ultrasound pictures, the 3D kind. And guess what, they look weird. Surprised? Me either.

ultrasound 34 weeks
You can sort of see some sliver of face, with who knows what covering up the rest of his head. At least the nose is pretty clear in both, squished though it may be.

Both boys are doing wonderfully- A is 5lb 2oz and B is 4lb 12oz. I have 10 lbs of baby in me! And that was on Tuesday! No wonder I could hardly walk when I woke up this morning (let alone half the rest of the day).

Oh, and speaking of A and B, I had previously thought that we'd share the names of the babies once we picked them out. But now... we're sort of protective over them. And don't want to share until they're born.

But that's going to be soon, ladies and gents. Our high risk doctor thinks they ought to come out at 36 weeks, because risks increase at that point for monochorionic twins. But our regular doctor thinks that they need more time in their mommy's tummy, the perfect environment. Soooo she said she was going to think about it and read up on the literature and tell me what she decides at my next appointment. That's next wednesday, when I'm 35.5 weeks. The last time she had monochorionic twins, she induced at 37 weeks. I'm thinking she'll stick with that. Which means... we'll have these boys in the next two weeks!

A couple months ago, Sean and I individually guessed when I'll deliver. I guessed May 3rd while Sean guessed 35 weeks and 3 days... which turns out to also be May 3rd! Will we be right?

Incidentally, our anniversary is the 5th. I'd, ahem, prefer if they weren't born that day. But will it be before or after? Will I be a mom by mothers day?

We'll find out OH so soon!

4 comments:

  1. Loved your post, hoping to see a Picture of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking healthy boys! I told the kids this morning that May is a great month - lots of fun things to anticipate: O and E's birthdays, big neighborhood garage sale, and nearing the end of the school year... and of course, your birth!

    In 1999, Olivia decided to come 4 weeks early to wish me a happy mother's day. I hadn't been expecting to be a brand new mom holding an infant by Mother's Day. It was pretty surreal. Whatever happens for your boys will be great!

    I still can't believe you're not on bed rest - although it sounds like you wouldn't mind it. :) Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see that you are all three doing so well! My vote is to give them one more week. There are enough 36-weekers in the NICU, but pretty much no 37-weekers. But what do I know, I'm not a doc. I'm sure that whatever your doctors decide will be best and it will be GREAT!

    (PS--You're already a mom, so you still get a mother's day whether they're out by that time or not. Make sure Sean gets you something. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, any signs of the babies making their debut today?! Keep us posted! AND Happy Anniversary on Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete