Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Handyman

IMG_9892e
You know those lists you'd make when you were a teenager about the desired essential qualities of your future spouse? A few things on my list were: handsome (super check), intelligent (ultra check), makes me laugh (hee, check), and loves dogs (check ruff).

Also on the list was being a handyman. Happily, Sean deserves a big check mark for that, too! He sure is the ideal man for me.

IMG_9914e
He already has a nice collection of tools (at my encouragement) and now that we have a good sized house to fill and a garage to do some building, Sean began his first big project over his week break. Oo, isn't he studly?!


IMG_9923e
He's making us a new coffee table to replace the little Ikea one that's falling apart and doesn't match the decor of the room. He used a plan from Knock Off Wood- if you're a do-it-yourselfer, that's a handy site to frequent.

He's almost done now- the table's all put together and it just needs a bit more sanding and then staining! His next project will be to refinish the kitchen table... though it may be a while before the duties of fatherhood allow him to begin.


IMG_9984e
Sean's handy work even gives me some photo op's, like after he planed some wood. Except then I wait until 10 pm in a dimmly lit garage to take a picture and only one photo turns out.

IMG_9924e
He also put together the crib, which finally arrived, and is set up in our room for the time being.


IMG_9928e
And of course I couldn't resist plopping down on the floor to help. Luckily Sean likes it when I help. Because I only occasionally mess up.


IMG_9973e
Now that the crib's set, we just need some babies to fill it! But for now Mr. Snugcow and Mr. Snugbear will hold their places. Babies will be so much awesomer.

1 comment: