Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Little Stinker

Baby A has been head-down the entire pregnancy. So what does he do a week before he's to be born? Turn sideways. What a stinker!

So, I'm going in to the doc's tomorrow to see if he's moved back.
If he's head-down: do a celebratory dance and then plan for a normal delivery. Unless I go into labor on my own, I'll be induced on Thursday.
If he's still sideways: sigh and plan for a C-section on Wednesday. bleh.

We got some more ultrasound pictures, probably our last set. It seems like the bigger they get, the harder these pictures are to decipher. So I drew in my interpretation of the the ultrasounds as a copy to the right:

ultrasound 36 weeks
My babies have muscley arms and very hollow eyes. Incidentally, baby A is 5 lb 12 oz and B is 5 lb 8 oz. So I think they'll be 6 lbs when they're born- what a good size! I think that's bigger than Sean was when he was born.

We enjoyed our last kid-free weekend by going to a movie- Iron Man 2. Wonder when the next movie excursion might be...

So, I wasn't an out-right mom today for Mother's Day but Sean made me a steak dinner anyway, the sweetheart. It's pretty surreal to think that I'll definitely be a mom by week's end. We'll be a family of four... wow. Wow wow wow!

8 comments:

  1. Don't say bleh on a planned c-section! You'll be in and out in like 45 min! Unlike me who was in for 14 hours then out w/a c-section anyway. Either way though as long as those babies come out healthy is what counts! (and momma too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're going to be a mommy soon! Sooo exciting! Get some sleep while you can (if you can). Well I made some of your baby gift months ago and then I never finished, so I now I know what I need to do tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yay! You will soon have babies in your arms! It seems to have gone by so fast. I bet it will be a very long time before you get another movie excursion. At least they won't be born during RSV/flu season. That makes life a little easier. And six pounds each is just great! Total, that's about 5x what my baby was. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do end up with a c-section, you'll be happier it was scheduled rather than an emergency, at least thats what I have heard from all 1st time emergency c-section mom's who have then gone onto have scheduled ones.

    C-sections are not ideal in most women's minds and it took me a long long time to come to terms with mine before I had it.

    Ours was a wonderful experience thou and recovery wasn't half as bad as what I thought it was going to be... it was spectacular to have our baby within 10 or so minutes of being in the OR as well :)

    Either way, you are going to do wonderfully and be so happy that those little boys are here! Can't wait to see their cute faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LUCK with everything!! You are incredible and we're excited for you! We'll keep you in our prayers and hope that everything goes well this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! So exciting!!

    And I second Kim, c-sections are nothing to be upset about. Hazel was an emergency one after 24 hours of labor. Best. Moment. Of. My. Life. When the doc said he was going in to get her. Seriously. And Lucy's was scheduled. Lovely. Checked in, 2 1/2 hours later, done with a beautiful, non-squished baby :)

    Good luck! Can't wait to meet the lil guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for becoming a Mommy this week! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh!! Good luck Katie! and Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete