Tuesday, January 28, 2014

a bit about them all (conversations!)

IMG_1574e
Grey's a walkin man now. A couple weeks ago, he finally decided that walking was the thing to do. He's know how to do it for about four months, I guess he just needed to get comfortable... let it simmer.

This has helped reveal so much about his personality, actually. Now that he can get to places faster, I realize how eager he is to come help me with everything I do. He helps wipe off the kitchen table, he helps me close the back door, he helps me unload the dishwasher, he helps put on his brother's gloves (he snatches them from me and holds them open until a brother puts his hand inside), he retrieves his brothers' milks from the fridge during lunch. And I realize how much he understands. "Grey, can you put this back?" He does. "Grey, let's put the Legos away." He does. "Let's get ready to go." He spins on his heel and Charlie Chaplin's his way over to back door. I love getting to know Grey.
IMG_1564e
Now, I've been trying to write down some fun conversations I've heard in his little family. I wish I could just record it all but here's a little sampling. (To properly replay these conversations in your head, all R's must be pronouced with an "ow" sound)

Sean: You guys are so picky!
L: Pinky? No we are so handsome!

D: Mommy! Look at this!
Katie: Wow, that’s so neat!
D: No, you just say *gasp*. Mommy! Look at this!
Katie: *gasp*
D: Dat’s right.

D: Hey jumper three.
L: No I four now
D [whine] he’s three!

Katie: Can you do nice things instead of hitting?
D: Nope.
Katie: Why can’t you be nice?
D: We need to be fighting all the while.

L: Holy Moley!
D: [giggles] Holy Moley!

D: Where are we going?
Katie: We’re going home.
L: We’re going to the EYE! Ha ha, the eye! Dash, the EYE. Ha ha!
[Liam does this all the time, replacing the last word of a sentence with the word "eye." So weird]

L: It’s a really big carousel like this huge! [holding arms wide apart]

D: This is the biggest cheese EVER

L: X, you don’t belong here

D: You can share wid me on da rockin chair?
L: [shakes head]
D: But why?
L: I want to be on the couch.
D: Okay.

L: What comes after Sunday?
Katie: Monday.
L: What comes after Monday?
Katie: Tuesday.
L: What comes after Tuesday?
Katie: Wednesday.
L: What comes after Wednesday?
Katie: Thursday.
L: What comes after Thursday?
Katie: Friday.
L: What comes after Friday?
Katie: Saturday.
L: End!

D: [playing a board game as Grey approaches] Here comes trouble!

L: What are you making?
D: Pancakes.
L: I’m making pancakes too. I’m making bad pancakes! Are you making bad pancakes?
D: No! I’m makin good pancakes!

L: Bye airport!
D: Bye airport! We’re going to fly!
L: We’re going to fly! Bye Florida!
D: Bye Florida! We’re going to Minnesota!
L: We’re going to Minnesota!

L: MOMMY! An umbrella! [holding an apple with the top half of skin still on]
Katie: It DOES look like an umbrella!
L: And now I’m eating the umbrella
D: You need it up on your head! When it rains!

L: Brown bear brown bear, what d’you see? I see an yellow duck lookin at me.
D: Dat is correct.
L: Yellow duck yellow duck what do you see? I see an purple cat lookin at me. I correct.

L: That is all your pilot?
D: uh… uh… no!
L: One more pilot?
D: Yes!
L: what is your one pilot?
D: Jesus!
L: I like Jesus!

L: I’m in Florida so I need to go back to Illinois now.
D: We were in Florida for a long time.
L: Are we going?
D: Uh, yes.
L: I got it fast! Are we flying now?
D: Uh, yes. Only three ones.
L: I got my ticket! We need to hurry! We need to hurry really fast!
D: I found my ticket. It was in here.


IMG_1567e

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! What funny things they say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are recording these. I think twins MORE than doubles the fun for these kinds of things--automatic joke receivers & sharers. Brilliantly fun.

    ReplyDelete