Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chilly Chilly

The day before I was born was the coldest day in Chicago's recorded history. -27 degrees with wind chill in the -60s. So you'd think I'd have some built-in thick skin for this kind of weather. But no, I very much don't. With a high of -12 tomorrow, I think the kids and I will just stay home. Sean doesn't have that luxury, hospitals don't close on account of weather, now do they? But it's not always quite this cold, sometimes it's warm enough to sled!
IMG_1177e
Grey needs some convincing. This is his "why are you doing this?" face.

IMG_1187e
But his brothers are excited at the prospect of a little winter fun!

IMG_1198e
Fun indeed! Until snow gets on their little wrists and we call it quits. (Now I've fixed the glove gap problem with some makeshift sock inner mittens, ha! Longer sledding is in our future!)

1 comment:

  1. Mitten socks underneath - genius! Sorry you guys had rotten weather. Michigan was pretty nasty too, so I heard we missed it being in CA and our vacay being extended do to all the cancelled flights. Our friends threw boiling water outside and it instantly froze. There is something very wrong about that!

    ReplyDelete