Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blog booking

IMG_1258e
Finally, FINALLY, I've made some more blog books. 2010 and 2011. It's taken me about a month and half to put it all together (Blurb is the best option I've come across and, still, its book-making program could definitely use some tweaking), squeezing it in whenever I had a bit of free time.

IMG_1338e
Sometimes this here blog would suffer- I'd spend all evening formatting pages and transferring in old blog photos and content, then realize I hadn't done a real post that day. Slap a couple photos in and call it good. Funny thing, letting our present suffer as we focus on the past, there's a lesson in that.

IMG_1277e
But I'm so happy to have these two books. Everything in that book was something we've created- the words from my fingers, the photographs from Sean and I, the subject matter our family. It's just so special.

IMG_1314e
Look, Liam's found his first photos! How easy it is for him to look through his past.

IMG_1295e
And they're still cracking themselves up. Dash was laughing at a face Liam made as a six-month old. I think when we have some more financial wiggle room, I'll get a copy for each child. Just thinking of that makes me so happy.

IMG_1335e
Now I just have to do two more years and I'm all caught up! Ha. But really, it'd be nice to have Grey's life accounted for. Two more books, here I come!

6 comments:

  1. We do a Blurb book every other year. Phew. That stuff is exhausting!!! But well worth it, especially since your photos are always GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it! I have been wanting to book my blogs for YEARS. The first time I tried with blurb (around 2009), I got some message like "your blog is too full for us. go away!" or that is how it felt--like the uploader had a hard time with the amount in my blog. *sigh* Teach me your ways, oh book blogger.

    Your books will be a family treasure FOREVER. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!!! I want to get caught up on my books again this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Blurb too! I've done a book each year and LOVE it! I don't do the "slurping" from my blog though... like you said- the formatting needs tweaking. Instead I just start from scratch and do it on my own- that way I'm not fixing the formatting I don't like. ANYWAY... it's great. I love your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! Progress feels good, especially when you have the beautiful reward to look at often ;)

    ReplyDelete