Monday, January 27, 2014

Walker Art, on the inside.

IMG_1475e
Wanting to actually go IN the Walker Art Center, rather than just the sculpture garden, I looked up the price and saw they have regular free afternoons- sounds like a good price to me! Going to art museums with children can be pretty tricky, I just have to realize I'm not going to be able to pause and ponder, we just keep on moving. We pretty much saw the whole place in an hour.

IMG_1495e
There was a bunch of neat, interesting, creative displays. All three kids loved the ordinary objects, like hamburgers and vacuums, made gigantic out of fabric and stuffed loosely. I really like this wall with the saying "I can do hard things" (or something, maybe it said "can't"?) traced by warped nails. I didn't take many photos, since I was holding Grey most of the time, but what can you do.

IMG_1492e
Then there was the giant wall of windows. I get a little sad that our new place doesn't have the big low windows that our Texas house had, which photographically translated to brilliant sparkly eyes.

IMG_1483e
So I took some brilliant sparkly eye photos.

IMG_1493e
And that was my art for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment