Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cartoony

(I have lots of photos from the last few weeks but I've got to get this Halloween one on today!)
We always have pretty great Halloween costumes, right? First we were Nintendo dudes, next the cute little froggies, and then those airplanes! And this year? Well, we wanted to go the inexpensive route, which led us to buying... buying... pre-made costumes from the second hand store. Sigh. I feel like a failure. The boys didn't mind, they liked their costumes. But I minded. It's all about me. But we successfully saved money.
IMG_2079e
So, my "story" to these costumes is that I, Dr. Frankenstein, not only created my infamous green monster but also brought cartoon characters to life. Pretty fantastic, right? I know, not. But it made me feel better to have a "cohesive" story.

IMG_2057e
Liam really liked being Woody! (in a winter coat)

IMG_2061e
Dash really liked being Handy Manny! (in a winter coat)

IMG_2063e
Grey liked being Winnie the Pooh!

IMG_2068e
And Sean was born to be Frankenstein with those teeth.

IMG_2101e
We went to our ward's trunk-or-treat, where everyone had fun rolling down hills and begging for candy. But, also, do you see that big black splotch? Yeah, it's in every photo from that night (or the camera would just give me an error message). After later inspection, the shutter curtain is stuck. Upon talking to camera repairmen, I either need to spend lots of money to replace the shutter or just buy a whole new camera body, which might be more economical.

So much for saving money. I think this is going to be my Christmas and birthday present.

My poor camera. My heart hurts. (I have a backlog of photos, so you'll see more on the blog while we get this whole thing situated)

3 comments:

  1. Love your face in the first picture Katie! And sad day about your camera. :( I think your costumes worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SORRY about the camera! The boys look as adorable as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome! I'm still learning to embrace Halloween.
    So sorry about your baby...um camera :( Such a bummer!

    ReplyDelete